When your colleague didn't give your the money about take-out food?

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 03:40 am
today,my colleague ordered take-out food of my mother's restaurant,but still now she didn't give her money to me,maybe she has fogotten,so how can I do ,I think let it go ,just nothing

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 06:16 am
@lululucy,
Hi, Susan! I collected the money for takeout from everybody but you.

And she will say either:
  • Sorry, it slipped my mind. Here (and then hand you the cash) OR
  • Can I get the next one (or pay you later)?

If it is the second one, say yes and then remind her when you are next paid.

If she still does not pay, let it go but never loan her money again.

Most people are honest and responsible. Some people are a little irresponsible but they mean well and are honest but broke. Only a few are utter jerks about money, particularly with people they work with who they are going to see regularly.

But don't just let it go. You'll be angry about it and she won't know why. Maybe she is a horrible person - and then it's up to you to at least ask for the money rightfully due you. Maybe she just forgot or was broke, and then a reminder would help her.

Also, if she is broke, you can also ask her for a check or to send $$ to your Paypal or the like if she just doesn't have any currency on her.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 06:45 am
Ask for the money.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 07:30 am
@lululucy,
I'd answer, but Mods ban me for disagreeing. So I'll pass.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 07:33 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Also, if she is broke, you can also ask her for a check or to send $$ to your Paypal or the like if she just doesn't have any currency on her.

I like the paypal suggestion, but not so much a physcial check.

That means someone has to make s special trip to a physical bank or ATM to deposit or cash.

Why put myself out when they are giving me back something that belongs to me?

roger

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 12:13 pm
@chai2,
Oh boy, yes. You gave them cash, why should you have to accept a check. Maybe if it's the only way of getting paid, but Never Again.
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 01:00 pm
@roger,
I learned my lesson with that.

Decades ago, I loaned someone $5. I had no worries about getting paid back, and kinda immediately forgot about it.

Within the week I saw the same person across the room. I really didn't pay attention that she was getting something from her handbag. She came up to me, thanked me for the loan, and handed me a check for $5. Honestly? I had never had someone hand me a personal check before, and I just sort of looked at it and said "oh, thanks"
That check sat in my handbag or wallet for weeks before I went out of my way to go to a bank. By that time I was thinking about the gas and my time I had to go through to just get back this small amount.

Of course this was long before you could take a picture of a check and deposit it. I guess that would be all right. Still, it is making me go through some sort of hoop.

Years later, pretty identical situation, different person. This time the woman I made a small loan to was completely taken off guard when I said I really didn't want a check.
She said "but I don't have any cash on me." I said that was ok, I was in no rush. She then said to me, serious as anything, but that means I'll have to make a trip to the bank to get money.

Uh, yeah. I did you a favor

She didn't like it when I pointed out that her way I had to make that special trip.

People are weird.
jespah

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 01:20 pm
@chai2,
I was thinking the OP would just take a picture of the check to deposit it. I agree that the hoops should be on the borrower's side, but sometimes this is the only way you get paid.

But either way, the OP shouldn't just hang around, hoping the borrower will magically realize the error of her ways and hand over some cash.
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 07:32 pm
@jespah,
Yeah, I didn't remember until near the end of my post that you could just take a picture nowadays.

My story was back when dinosauers roamed the earth.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2016 03:36 pm
How did she get the food?

Did u deliver it ?

Next time: money first with order!!

Give her an invoice for that old order.

My BF owns a restaurant. People try to get free food all the time. Others hust forget to pay. Their bill is held for the next tome they come in.
0 Replies

lululucy

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:39 am
thank you for all of your advice.
Now I get my money just because she had forgotten,she still orders food in my mother's restaurant.she is kind ,she felt sorry to me.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2016 12:42 am
@lululucy,
Glad to hear this, but don't advance more credit in the future unless you are prepared to go through it all again.
0 Replies