Softball

eoe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:23 pm
Softball is a game that boys and girls can play together and that was always nice. I was a tomboy and played softball practically every day during the summers. Not organized ball. Neighborhood pickup games. (I don't think there were any coed leagues back in the 60's.) I was a good catcher and fast so it was always wise to put me on first base.

I tagged out many, many, many guys. They hated being tagged out by a girl. haha Laughing
0 Replies

erni

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 04:32 am
Patada Veloz wrote:
Anyway, I'm moving to Germany and I wonder if anyone knows if somebody plays baseball or softball in Germany?

Yes, there are some teams in Germay playing Softball and Baseball ;-).

Are you moving to or near Munich?. That would be great, because we are looking for new Softballplayers for the 2005 season(starting April).

cu

Erni
Softballcoach
Gröbenzell Bandits
(Gröbenzell is a small town in the suburbs of Munich)

check www.baseball-softball.de for other teams
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 09:40 am
Welcome to A2K ernie. Recruiting softball players for a team in Germany: Ain't the internet a wondrous thing?
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 09:55 am
I played softball for many years, that's how my ankles got so crappy...started as a catcher in fastpitch...practice one day,waiting for the coach to bring the catcher equipment, we decided to have some batting practice, first ball my teammate hit was a foul tip right in my mouth full of braces, not a good thing to have a catcher that flinches...but i loved the game...dreams of growing up an playing professionally...at the time there wasn't any professional women's teams...that came along when i turned 25 i think...by then i was playing slow pitch ball..I have played every position but 3rd and SS...have to extremely quick to play 3rd or SS ...but I think the game is fantastic..I try to catch the College World Series every year...:-)
0 Replies

erni

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 12:31 pm
panzade wrote:
Welcome to A2K ernie. Recruiting softball players for a team in Germany: Ain't the internet a wondrous thing?

thanx

in Germany, you have to try everything possible to get new softball players :wink:

And players from other countries can help a lot Smile

Erni
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:05 pm
willow_tl wrote:
first ball my teammate hit was a foul tip right in my mouth full of braces

I was catching in warm up and i missed the ball with my glove. it hit me square in my forehead. i had a nice goose egg with the stitches imprinted. it looked like a highway.

I play fastpitch for my high school. last year i played 3rd, 2nd and SS. this year i might try catching tho. i did it over the summer for the summer league team. it was a blast. i cant wait til february so i can get practicing.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:06 pm
Welcome, and be sure to post some results.
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 12:00 pm
Christmas is over im ready to start softball. but unfortunately i must wait a few months.
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
Im soo happy open gyms start tomorrow. softball is my way of venting, like some people write and that, and im glad that i will get to release some of the stress i have. also im excited to meet the new coach and see who alls going out for the team. ill keep ya updated on how we do.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:05 am
Good deal!
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:11 pm
the team looks decient this year. the coaches are awesome. one of my summer coaches is a new high school coach. its a totally different coaching style(more laid back and fun) than last year(strict and enduring). some new prospect coming out this year. should be interesting to see who makes it. offical season starts monday. we might go far this year. lets hope!
0 Replies