Softball

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:38 pm
Edit: Moderator: Moved from General to Sports

Well does anyone play slow pitch or fast pitch softball? I do. What is your favorite part of the game? What team do you play for? What positon do you play? Need any tips or any help on anything? Just tell me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,627 • Replies: 30
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:06 pm
You know, I played softball many years ago on a coed team and it was a blast. But now when I watched the College World Series( I was rooting for the Seminoles!) I couldn't believe how precise the pitchers were. Doesn't that fast-pitch motion tear up a girls arm?
0 Replies

Curlyq012345

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:13 pm
softball
Oh. Really? That's cool. I've never play co-ed before. I bet that was fun. What position did you play?
Well I play short stop for my fast pitch school and travel team.
Well it can eventually hurt their arm, but as long as they do the right form it stays fine.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 06:16 pm
I played third base...mostly cause I had to guard half as much field as the shortstop and secondbase man. Still, the ball would come at me like a meteor, a painful meteor.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:28 pm
I played last night with the galls from work. Was my first time (for softball, I'd played baseball before).

I'll prolly join the league, it was fun.

We play self-pitch. I played 3rd base but dunno where I'll get stuck at.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:40 pm
Craven What the heck is 'self-pitch'?

I played recreational softball for years (baseball as a kid), until I developed osteo in my two big toes, making acceleration off of the balls of my feet extremely painful (so, fielding and base-running). Made the school softball team in grade 3 (I'm bragging now...everyone else was grade 6 but for two grade 5 guys).

Played short-stop from Little Leaque on without exception. It was a position I was good at and which I loved far more than any other...meteors, like Panzade speaks of, and the responsibility for covering second and third as well. There are quite a number of plays I made, both individually and in unison with others, that I remember with wonderful joy. Were it not for the toes, I'd still be playing.

One evening, about thirty years ago, myself and three others (mixed gender) snuck into a community pool to skinny-dip. We got busted by a Mountie. As it turned out, he was playing for the Cops team in a league which included my own team, a group of motley hippies, and he recognized me and let us off. We won the league, by the way.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:46 pm
I used to play center field on a church co-ed team (I belonged to neither the church nor the religion, but I had friends who did) since I was faster than almost everyone from any of the teams. It was really easy to score in-the-park home runs. But, then again, it was co-ed church league softball... Still, I rocked at that game!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:47 pm
blatham wrote:

I might have used an incorrect term.

What I'd intended to describe was that the batter and the pitcher are on the same team.

Made it easy and fun, I spent the whole night trying to line drive right into the pitcher (fellow IT guy from the office).
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:49 pm
LOL...yeah, targetting can be fun.

I've not played that variation, but lot's of slow-pitch ball.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:19 pm
Quote:
I played last night with the galls from work.

Quote:

what the heck are "galls"?? Smile

oh, wimmins-folk?
0 Replies

Curlyq012345

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 07:18 am
Very Happy Well that is cool. My first fastpitch game for school in on Thursday! I am so excited. Last year we went undefeated and won in the tournament!
Today we are going to practice, but that is about it.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:05 am
Softball is not popular in China anyway.

Well Curlyq012345 come to china and you may share your favorite sports with us and let it grow and yield fruit on our soil! Very Happy
What a great plan!
0 Replies

Curlyq012345

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 09:12 am
How about no! Mad
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:29 am
Sad

sorry
0 Replies

Curlyq012345

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:07 am
Lol. It's ok.. I just didn't really understand what u were talking about. Confused
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 02:54 am
Embarrassed

oh look at that, was i drunk while i was typing? Confused
(BTW, i never have drinks Cool )

Ok forget that.

I just meant you could go to china and make the baseball popular in China :winkl:
0 Replies

Patada Veloz

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 12:04 am
I haven't played softball, but I recently joined (and more recently droped) my uni baseball team.
In Mexico softball isn't a popular sport Sad
Although I don't have a lot of experience, I made it to SS, and I'm looking forward to keep on playing.
Anyway, I'm moving to Germany and I wonder if anyone knows if somebody plays baseball or softball in Germany? I only know that their baseball team didn't made it to the Olympics, (but I don't know about softball).

By the way, John-Bush, Do you think that China will make a team for the forecoming Olympics? I think they will
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 03:33 am
Agree Smile
actually we REALLY have a softball team.
They were just not good enough to get the ticket of Olimpics this time. Confused
0 Replies

ss-softball

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:59 pm
Softball Kicks Ass
Quote:
When the games over, leave it on the field.

Thats the best quote I have ever heard and I try to remeber it every time something goes bad...... I play softball... I am a shortstop... and pitcher (fastpitch)..... I love the game and its the best one out there..... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

ss-softball Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:14 pm
welcome to A2K ss
0 Replies