If you having dinner with four people and one answers a cell

Justthefax

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:57 am
I put some thought to this,

If this happens again, use your cell phone to call your friends cell phone, when they ask their first friend to hold, ask them to come back to your conversation.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:00 am
but consider the joys of the future; when a little silicone chip, installed unobtrusively under the skin of the scalp will carry a full range of communication from phone web and even radio, all wireless modes.

Then our offending diner guest will not create an audible break in the lively conversation; his eyes will just glaze over, as his faculties become seconded to the void, and his presence evaporates from the room.

[i do not, by the way, own a cell phone; i never had a fetish for collars! (or callers)]
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:03 am
Quote:
If this happens again, use your cell phone to call your friends cell phone, when they ask their first friend to hold, ask them to come back to your conversation.

This is priceless!!! Oh, yes. I'm going to do it!!
Thank you.

I would have never thought of something so good.

Joe
0 Replies

Justthefax

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:14 am
Thank you Joe, glad you liked the idea.

I have seen people talking on their cell phones when they are being served by someone in a store. The cashier would greet the person, and ring up the order, the entire time the customer continutes to talk on their phone. One cashier told one cell talker, your total is $145.57 (for about 15 items) the person reached in to their wallet for $150.00 and handed to the cashier.

The cashier said, you need to put that phone down when you come in my line, wake up, your total is $14.57 you were about to give me too much money.

---

I do talk on my phone when I shop, I have a head set, and my phone in my pocket. However if I am in a check out or need to talk with someone in the store I will ask my friend to hold on. I think talking on a cell phone while the cashier is ringing up my order is just rude. Sometimes I have been in a cashier's line who knows my friend too, and I let the cashier talk with my caller too.
0 Replies