Are we less heavy at the equator?

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:39 am
@mark noble,
Quantum entanglement? Altered mass? Relative weight? Are you unable to follow a line of reasoning? Your understanding of even simple concepts is flawed. You seem to know a lot of big words and you throw them around willy- nilly all the while telling learned people that they are wrong about everything.
Is your purpose to disrupt other's conversations? Why? Did you not do well at school and so you feel left out and this is your way of getting revenge?
You don't have to be at odds with everyone, you know. We want you to take part in our conversation. We welcome new points of view. Only before you use a word or bring up an idea, please understand it first. And instead of telling everyone they're wrong, try to learn science the right way. I'm looking forward to your contributions.
mark noble

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 07:56 am
@TomTomBinks,
Nice bleat.
Better than your previous 'silly' post.

Define 'weight' - Less exterior forces?
Define 'mass' - " " "?
Define 'QE'?
mark noble

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 08:11 am
@mark noble,
Here's a starter - Weight is merely the result of external forces acting upon an object.
In a vacuum - Weight is redundant.
Thus - An object's weight is only relative from the poo.
If the forces alter - So does the poo, but the weight remains unchanged (redundant).

QE proves this 'empirically'.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 08:12 am
@mark noble,
Don't ask me! I'm no professor. Open a textbook, or ask one of the physics guys here.
And if relying on someone else's expertise makes me a sheep, then BAAAA!! I'll take it as right until I have a reason not to.
Question everything yes, but you can take that too far. If all knowledge is suspect then you're left with nothing. If everything is waiting for your personal verification, you'd have to be an expert in every field....
Progress is only possible if you can build on the last guy's work. If you don't trust it, you'll have to start from the beginning.
mark noble

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 08:16 am
@TomTomBinks,
Well said - And I agree.
I also started from the beginning.
Teslas' beginning.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 08:17 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
In a vacuum - Weight is redundant.

That's wrong.
Quote:
Weight is merely the result of external forces acting upon an object.

Gravity.
Quote:
[Thus - An object's weight is only relative from the poo.
If the forces alter - So does the poo, but the weight remains unchanged (redundant).
/quote]
Nonsense.
mark noble

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 08:22 am
@TomTomBinks,
Touche!
It's not wrong, btw (Although a perfect vacuum is impossible - No matter would exist) a near-vacuum provides suitable observation of such.

I don't do 'gravity' - I'm solely 'electric-universe'.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:19 am
@mark noble,
If you're saying that weight is redundant in a vacuum because the space would be empty, that's a word game and is not what anyone is talking about. The assumption is an OBJECT in a vacuum, as in an object in space or in a vacuum chamber.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 10:29 am
@TomTomBinks,
True; humans cannot live in a vacuum.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2016 12:06 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
I also started from the beginning.
Teslas' beginning

An incredibly smart guy. But you may have followed him too far. He went mad at the end.
mark noble

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 09:54 am
@TomTomBinks,
Tom, There cannot be an object in a 'vacuum'.

Ok, you're correct.
End of discussion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 11:23 am
@Leadfoot,
I visited Tesla's birthplace in Croatia. I remember seeing a monument of him in his home town.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2016 09:10 pm
@mark noble,
You're very difficult.
mark noble

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2016 08:56 am
@TomTomBinks,
How do you think I find, you guys?
0 Replies