JOURNEY OF MAN

LarryBS

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:23 pm
This PBS show was on last night, but if you get a chance to see it, it is fascinating. I've heard that all people on earth can trace their ancestry back to Africa, but had never heard how exactly that could be proven. Obviously, through DNA, but I didn't know the precise details of how that worked. This show tells you, and it also shows this particular geneticist's journey from Africa to Australia to Asia to the Arctic Circle to the American West, as he tries to figure how and why a particular tribe left Africa 50,000 years ago, give or take, and ended up partly in Australia and partly in Asia and how their succeeding generations came to populate the entire world. Don't miss it if you've ever wondered about X and Y chromosomes, and genetic mutations and markers. Great stuff. Now if I can just find a book with a little more detail...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,599 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:55 pm
now now LarryBS you go and start saying things like this your just gonna stir up those folks who KNOW that Adam and Eve were created in the Garden of Eden. and whats with this communist statement about how we is all related? we all know that this DNA stuff and all those fake bones and such are planted by Satan to fool us, Geesssshh next thing you know people are gonna start saying Eve was not created from Adam's rib. and this Africa stuff is just too wild for anyone in their right mind to believe, us white folks aint got no relatives in no damn, dark Africa. Why LarryBS i thinks you just aughta go back to from where ever it is you came from, this is America and we don't cotton to no blaspheming talk like that from no damn liberal t.v. station full of dem intellectualls what is probably secular humanists anyways.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 05:57 pm
p.s. pretty good program i thought, hope they repeat it soon, i missed the first few minutes.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 06:04 pm
In Ashley Montagu's book Man's Most Dangerous Myth: The Fallacy of Race is where I first read the theory that we have all decended Africans and therefore where all black in our early history. Montagu even puts forth that all insects were all black and only turned white as like humans they migrated northward our skin developed less and less melanin as it was not necessary the further we moved away from the equator.

Follow this link: Man's Most Dangerous Myth: The Fallacy of Race
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 07:27 pm
Xsyedial - I was just testing to see who is on our side, praise god.

You didn't miss much those first few minutes, kind of a long winded intro with the host saying goodbye to his family before he left on his journey. I thought he did a pretty good job, I had never heard of him or seen him before.
0 Replies