Getting mashed up in an airplane....

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 05:11 pm
I was flying in the Rocky Mountains one time with jesus as my co-pilot. We crashed on snowy mountain side and had no food. I had to eat jesus.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:19 pm
If Jesus is your co-pilot, you need to trade seats.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:57 pm
Unintentionally converting an aircraft into a twisted tangle of scrap metal is referred to "in the trade" as an "unintended encounter with terrain". Been there, done that ... a couple times. Once it was purely my fault (I more or less screwed up and assumed there was enough fuel aboard to get me where I was goin' - I came up about 20 minutes short and wound up in a cornfield with a few thousand bucks worth of plane damage and several hundred bucks more to the farmer for crop damage), once it was a goose that started the downward spiral to expensive inconvenience. That was a helluva ride.
0 Replies

Newt

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 07:02 pm
A very short and 'fun one' for me was flying over the Nazca Lines in Peru in a six seater Cessna while the gal behind me was throwing up, the engine kept cutting off while the pilot kept tipping the wings so we could see the ground and cursing in Spanish that I couldn't understand. I just looked at my son and we smiled at each other as if to say "I love you too!" We had to pry that poor gal out of the plane after we landed and I was ever so grateful to be on the ground. There was a fellow from Japan sitting next to her and he was the same color as what was in the gal's paper bag! I still don't remember what half the lines looked like!

Newt
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 08:21 pm
In the Navy I hopped a Globemaster cargo plane from San Antonio to Riverside CA. The old thing rumbled like a truck on a country road. We pulled canvass seats from the walls and sat in them for nine hours. It was uneventful until we went down. As the cabin was not pressurized, the lower we dropped the greater the pain to my eardrums. I got the crew's attention and they eased back up, then let down much slower, thus saving my eardrums from shattering.
0 Replies