alternator problem..

Adryc

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 03:33 pm
I bought a new alternater for my car yesterday since the old one was bad it was turning off while car was running. I drove it close by that day i put the new one and it was working good and battery light was off already and the next day it turned off on me while driving. My dad took the new one out the car and took it to AutoZone and they said alternator was bad. And its new!! Battery is good too they checked it at O'Reilly. So why is this happening???? Could it be that the new alternator was bad too cause it happens also. Or an elctrical problem?? Help please
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,523 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 11:36 am
@Adryc,
Me curious too; Man wheryat
0 Replies

seac

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 04:23 pm
@Adryc,
Sometimes, a loose battery cable will act like it is disconnected after the car is started. This will cause a high voltage situation at the regulator in the alternator and possibly burn it out. Sometimes a battery tested good is actually bad, and will cause alternator failure. Then sometimes the new alternator is bad to begin with.
0 Replies