Help with water filtration choices.. Ecowater vs hybrid Aquasana/UsWaterSystems unit

Reply Tue 31 May, 2016 12:32 pm
I have been reading on this forum about the Ecowater option and am interested in comparing it to the "hybrid" option I have been considering which would be an Aquasana pre sediment filter plus their million gallon Rhino filter and then post sediment filter in front of a Us Water systems Fusion NLT 20 gpm salt based softener. The price of the Ecowater, assuming it is the `$3k price point I see thrown around here, would be almost identical to the Aquasana plus NLT softener system (I would be using two Aquasana systems in parallel with each other at the suggestion of Aquasana to ensure a high flow rate in my house.

My questions mostly revolve around what the Ecowater system can "remove" from the water. It mentions being able to remove the "odor" of chlorine and such, but the Aquasana system details how it actually removes 97% of the chlorine itself, plus other hard metals, VOCs, etc. Does the Ecowater actually remove these things or only reduce the odor or taste of them?

Thanks for any help!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,746 • Replies: 0
No top replies