Taking Care of a New Car

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:13 am
I've been always driving older cars and never took a good care of them.
For, on the firls place it wouldn't make any difference in how the car looked any way and on the second - I am lazy.
I just bought Mercury Grand Marquis 1994.
It is shiny and new. And I mean it - It IS new. Now, after two weeks of gread driving it is dusty and needs some good cleaning inside and out.

What should I do to to keep this new look and this shine?
What is the best to clean the carpet inside and what is best to clean and groom leather interior?

Please share your experience.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,143 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:21 pm
Just a good vacuuming for the carpet, unless it has stains, then mix in any kind of carpet stain remover (Resolve is my brand of choice).

I use Armor-All on the dashboard and steering wheel and so forth. You can use on it the leather seats, but I would pick a nice leather conditioner instead. Be sure to apply it in the evening so the leather can drink it up overnight.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 07:26 pm
Make sure you take care of the engine and moving parts. Religiously check the oil and water and make sure the car is periodically greased.

Otherwise you're gonna be polishing a turd.
0 Replies

Miriam May

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:49 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Make sure you take care of the engine and moving parts. Religiously check the oil and water and make sure the car is periodically greased.

Otherwise you're gonna be polishing a turd.

Ooops! I didn't mention the engine because my man should be taking care of this this. What I will need - a decent man to take care of the car's moving parts and myself.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 07:40 am
Gustav should be available, May.

He makes the occasional unreasonable demand, and he's a bit quirky, but my guess is you have never met a man like him...
0 Replies