California lyme/mold doctors

Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 09:32 am
I am a caregiver in California who just started a new assignment with a late stage Lyme Disease patient. She has reached the stage where her mental processes are severely affected and she has unfortunately compromised her relationships with several doctors including Dr. Patel and Dr. Harris. She is now compliant and treatment cooperative and has my help to interface with care providers. She desperately needs to start the process again with a new doctor. We can travel but would prefer to stay in California (ideally in a low mold environment) but I am becoming well aware that the ideal situation is never attainable with this type of patient so any references welcome.

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 583 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 09:42 am
@robmjarrett,
Well, we can't really give you references but I would suggest talking to her current physicians.

Also, this cannot be the first time they have ever dealt with a difficult/questionably competent patient. At some point, you could suggest the family (if you are not in that position) go to court and declare the patient incompetent and incapable of making her own decisions. Not fun, for sure, but the big picture is to assure the patient receives proper care. The smaller picture is for you to not have to suffer from a questionably competent patient's impaired decision-making process.
0 Replies