Which necklace do you like better? (Pics included)

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:57 am
The question says it all but if you want more info it's a gift for a 23 year old girl. Thanks in advance

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142068774@N03/

Tes yeux noirs

Sun 22 May, 2016 04:55 am
The one on the right.
saab

Sun 22 May, 2016 05:26 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
The one to the left....but could have judge better if pictures had been taken on a white tablecloth.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Sun 22 May, 2016 06:28 am
I think the heart shaped one is best for a girl aged about 9.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 22 May, 2016 02:00 pm
@jessy2017,
No offense but they both are unappealing to me.
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:38 pm
@jessy2017,
The one on the left looks better.
The one on the right looks too loud and too gaudy.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Sun 22 May, 2016 08:58 pm
Neither. Looks too juvenile for a 23 year old woman.
Debra Law

Sun 22 May, 2016 09:09 pm
I don't like either of the necklaces you displayed. I think longer necklaces are more in vogue these days for 23 year old women. Perhaps something like this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/181618196004-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 22 May, 2016 09:12 pm
@PUNKEY,
so funny

I think the set on the right would appeal to a very elderly woman who likes gaudy

if pushed to pick either to give to anyone, I'd go with the one on the left
Debra Law

Sun 22 May, 2016 09:18 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

so funny

I think the set on the right would appeal to a very elderly woman who likes gaudy

if pushed to pick either to give to anyone, I'd go with the one on the left

I agree. If forced to pick, I would also go with the silver chain and setting with the heart-shaped stone that looks like an amethyst.
ossobuco

Sun 22 May, 2016 09:27 pm
@Debra Law,
I would not pick. I don't particularly like either set of chain and pendant, nor do I hate them. I would prefer you take the lady to a fine store she likes and let her choose the item, given a price range if necessary.

I'm odd on this, I guess. I'm not the type to gasp at a surprise jewelry item I am expected to wear forevermore, so I've never understood the whole engagement ring as surprise maneuver.
Debra Law

Sun 22 May, 2016 09:47 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I would not pick. I don't particularly like either set of chain and pendant, nor do I hate them. I would prefer you take the lady to a fine store she likes and let her choose the item, given a price range if necessary.

I'm odd on this, I guess. I'm not the type to gasp at a surprise jewelry item I am expected to wear forevermore, so I've never understood the whole engagement ring as surprise maneuver.

I understand your sentiment. My hubby gave me a nice birthstone ring for Christmas one year. I loved it and wore it often. The following Christmas, he gave me another ring, bigger & more expensive, but I didn't love it and didn't wear it much. I think he noticed and hasn't bought me any more jewelry. He has suggested going shopping together, but I'm just not that interested in jewelry anymore. I wear my wedding band and a sterling silver necklace with a sterling silver angel pendant.

One time when my great-nephew (almost 2 years old) was sitting on my lap and admiring my angel pendant, I told him that was "Auntie's angel" and she looked out for me. Then I placed the angel to my lips and gave it a quick kiss. Now, he will often remark about my angel and lift it to my lips and then to his own. It's silly, but I enjoy silliness with the ones I love.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 23 May, 2016 03:52 pm
@Debra Law,
if these are supposed to be good stones, the one on the left appears to be a tanzanite. while on the right weve got zircs,garnets, and some others that are less appealing.
The findings are kinda dated and the chains are too flimsy. The ring on the right looks like a mafia pinky pool ring

ossobuco

Mon 23 May, 2016 04:06 pm
@ehBeth,
I like gaudy in concept, but not on me much, what a mistake, though I can make bold choices. Diane and I used to joke about love of sequins, which we shared but neither of us wear, especially now that we are on the old side and non-male attached at this moment in time, but in truth I have not lead a sequinny life.

Story - I had a super gaudy item from the Smithsonian, a caftan, sort of, and gave it to her as a sparkly treat. She gave it away, goodwill I suppose. I should have kept it and used it as a wall decor... (I have had friends who have done that, but with seriously good items). Re the choice on the right, as far as gaudy? Nah, way too small. Hard to tell, I might like it in person.

There was another caftan I ordered from the Smithsonian that I was fond of for years but gave away to a pal, who may have given it away to a more tall pal than either of us..
0 Replies

saab

Tue 24 May, 2016 01:50 am
To be absolutely honest - I think both sets of jewelry look a bit on the cheap side.
The one to the right seems like something elderly ladies in the 1940iets wore.

I like the tablecloth - that fits my white china and red napkins.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 24 May, 2016 02:26 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

if these are supposed to be good stones, the one on the left appears to be a tanzanite. while on the right weve got zircs,garnets, and some others that are less appealing.
The findings are kinda dated and the chains are too flimsy. The ring on the right looks like a mafia pinky pool ring

I had to google "tanzanite" and look at pictures. You have a good eye and you're most likely correct. When I was a young girl, one of my favorite things to do was to collect pretty rocks and wonder how they came to be. My uncle once gave my family a very large rock covered in fossils and remnants of old sea shells. I studied it quite often. It just boggled my mind as a child in the second grade how something like that could be found in a farmer's field, but came to the obvious conclusion that the rock must have been formed in a sea environment. That was a eureka moment for a small child. I love looking at pictures and reading articles about rock formations, gems, minerals, and the like. Sometimes, I think, if I were going to start life all over again, I would study geology or some similar field. Or become an archeologist. Curiosity is a wonderful thing. The more I learn, the more I understand how little I know.
ossobuco

Tue 24 May, 2016 02:42 pm
@Debra Law,
Farmerman is a2k's key and maybe only geologist, a patient guy with newbies wanting to find out about interesting rocks they found. His username? he and his wife raise cattle and sheep and plant lots of stuff. Oh, he's an artist too. Renaissance guy, smart as the dickens.

I'm sorry I never took geology myself.. or paleontology.. or archeology. Too busy with other aims at the time.
0 Replies

rochael

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:04 am
@jessy2017,
A long thick golden chain would be much better and no need for matching the ring. You can wear a fashion ring .
0 Replies

rubbywilliams

Fri 17 Jun, 2016 02:58 am
I like the one that is on the right. It looks fabulous!
0 Replies

jessicaC

Sat 5 Nov, 2016 03:01 am
@jessy2017,
I liked the jewelry which is multicolored.
0 Replies