What kind of diamond is best white,red,pink or blue?

Thu 21 Feb, 2013 04:31 am
There are different colors of diamonds you will get in market or online.But it is hard to decide which one is best as all the websites have the best design,color and shape.Is it promising enough to get a right and valuable diamond engagement ring.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 43 • Views: 7,188 • Replies: 54
Topic Closed
No top replies

farmerman

Thu 21 Feb, 2013 06:03 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
make sure they are not irradiated or irradiated and annealed. Pinks (really rosy pinks) are made by irradiating under gamma (Co 60) and then annealed at about 500 F. Ive seen some of these in a compnies collection and, its hard to tell the difference.
They also use silica coatings and do lser repairs , so diamonds must be evaluated by someone who can see the footprints
GoelDiamonds23

Wed 27 Feb, 2013 03:48 am
@farmerman,
wow so much of information I got regarding diamonds.I will keep in mind all the criteria you told to get a diamond dangling earrings for my wife.

Thank You So Much
farmerman

Wed 27 Feb, 2013 04:56 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
irradiated diamonds have the color only through the top few mm of the stone. SO one way you can tell if theyre irradiated is to hold em up to the light and note whether they are darker along their edges than through the entire diamond. But see whether they will give you some kind of written guarantee at the jewelers.
0 Replies

russellmark85

Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:21 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
A blue color diamond ring can also be a unique piece as pink and white color diamond rings are very common.
0 Replies

jackmartin0609

Thu 26 Sep, 2013 06:30 pm
@GoelDiamonds23,
White color diamond ring look great.
jackmartin0609

Wed 16 Oct, 2013 02:41 pm
@jackmartin0609,
white is commonly used i guess pink is a great choice!!
0 Replies

balticamber1122

Sat 19 Oct, 2013 09:19 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
hi,
you know colors have some special effects on human nature. it should be according to the nature of person who is wearing it.
i like white the most.

regard
0 Replies

Anna Jacky

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 10:07 pm
@GoelDiamonds23,
White diamond ring is that people usually choose, if you want your wife does not receive the same surprise you can choose blue or pink diamond ring, should these two very special
0 Replies

trying2learn

Mon 4 Nov, 2013 11:11 pm
@GoelDiamonds23,
The best one is the one you pick. My wedding ring has a little diamond. It is the thought that counts.
0 Replies

madamejewelryuk

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:16 am
Go with the blue diamond like Kate Middleton .. Blue diamond looks so very royal..........
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:42 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
Quote:
What kind of diamond is best white,red,pink or blue?

This woman says, white.

This man says, white.

I say, white.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 02:57 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
Quote:
There are different colors of diamonds you will get in market or online.

But it is hard to decide which one is best as all the websites have the best design,color and shape.

Is it promising enough to get a right and valuable diamond engagement ring.

After reading, here are my thoughts.. well I read engagement ring and then I thought well this is more serious than I thought to begin with. So I feel I should share more of my thoughts than I had anticipated. 
Color diamond. I would say white. I don't know. I would rather white than any other color. Especially it being an engagement ring. 
Far as design and color band.. I personally wouldn't care. Hell. I wouldn't necessarily need a diamond on the ring. 
((At nineteen I was, of course there was a diamond but it was a set and it came with a diamond. I personally didn't like it. Strange right? I should had with me being as young minded and immature as I was then. Doesn't matter.))
I honestly would leave it up to my soon to be husband because I honestly wouldn't care what the ring looked like.

only my opinion
0 Replies

Lesliechang

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:22 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
As we know that diamond jewelry is one of the most demandable products in all over the world because of its look and royalness. I am excited about precious stones like tanzanite which is blue in color and it is not so costly as like as diamond and it gives cool look to my personality.
farmerman

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 03:53 am
@Lesliechang,
tanzanites are an example of gems that re universally heated to "get rid " of the brown colr in its nturql trichroic range of color. I have several crystals of natural clinozoisite that are "Almost" tanzanites (as well as a few naturql crystals of tanzanite that still retain the brownish caste on the B axis)

Does the artificial heating affect its value as a gem?
I don't know. Ive had several varied opinions from gem experts
0 Replies

33export

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:41 am
Reds would do just fine.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607987461729353730&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:20 pm
@GoelDiamonds23,
The rarest kind that has high value. Forget browns.
0 Replies

sembrown

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 02:59 am
Diamonds are available in the large number of colors and one can choose it according to his/her choice, but the quality diamond is the colorless and its shows the original glitter of it. The colorless diamonds are too rare and expensive, that’s why in this time the white diamonds, yellow diamonds and blue diamond are more preferred by people. The white diamond rings are more eye-catching and looks so pretty.
0 Replies

sembrown

Fri 5 Sep, 2014 12:20 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
H is the best color in us & most people buy this color compare to F.
0 Replies

brangill

Mon 22 Sep, 2014 05:35 am
@GoelDiamonds23,
In my opinion the white color diamond gives an elegant look.