How to Find a Phone Number for Free

Roberta

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 11:36 pm
I need to contact someone I knew a long time ago. I found her address and phone number. It was the one I had from years ago. I called. Wrong number.

I've tried other approaches. Every service wants me to pay.

Isn't there a service I can use for free?

Thanks.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 11:47 pm
I would like to know the answer also.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 09:12 am
@Roberta,
I usually go with www.anywho.com which takes me to www.anywho.com/whitepages It's free. It's good.

Just ran a test on it it by name and it still works. The thing which may make a search difficult is if the person now has an unlisted (private) number or if they are using only a cellular, no longer with a landline. I'm not sure if there is a public free listing for cells.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 09:56 am
@Sturgis,
I just tried it. Works like a charm.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:29 am
@Sturgis,
Thank you mucho, Sturgis. It works. I reached my friend.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 10:40 am
I tried it with my name, and it came up with my landline which I haven't had for years and years.

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 11:39 am
It worked for my name - I put in my maiden name as it is much more common and wanted to see if they had my old info. I got someone with this street address - couldn't believe there was one named as such.

Labor In Vain Rd

and there is someone with my name and maiden last name in the same town.

My info is up to date and nothing from prior.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 02:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I tried it with my name, and it came up with my landline which I haven't had for years and years.

So I get thumbed down because I put my name in and it wasn't my correct number?

That's really not a matter of opinion. It's what happened when I searched for myself.

It seems to be useful if you still have a land line, but is it as relevant with so many people breaking the cord?

0 Replies