ideas for a very plain teenage girls room

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 01:50 pm
i have a problem...im 15 years old and all my life i have had a very boring room.... WHITE...with beige ish carpets... but i want a change. The problem is that i have no idea what colour to paint my room Confused i want a very bold colour that has a colour that accents it nicely (my friend had the idea of useing red and gold in her room [something kinda like that].....i wud prefer sumthing that accents nice with black...someone told me that i should paint my walls pink [no idea what shade] and then paint things such as my closet n door black....do you hav any comments on that idea or hav any better ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,802 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:32 pm
There's pink, and then there's pink. One shade will look fine, another will look like Pepto Bismol or flesh.

That having been said, since it seems you're going to have a lot of black in your room, go with a lighter color. Otherwise, the room will look rather gloomy and it'll feel very dark unless a bright light is on or sunlight is streaming in.

Here's a nice shade: http://handmade-paper.us/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/cdpindlpk.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:44 pm
I have a room that is painted in grey with black accents. I use a very light shade of grey on the walls AND ceiling, then my baseboards and door frames are painted black. You could then add a funky bright color for your own taste and paint your closet doors that color... like a bold bright red or Neon yellow.. yes, I said neon yellow ;-) that color ROCKS when used in small amounts against black/grey. OR if you are a fan of posters, one thing I did for my friends room, I used the exact same color pallatte and on her closet doors I took all of her posters and shaped them so that they would completely cover the doors and look like they were painted on. I used a clear spray paint gloss ( VERY LIGHTLY) and it helped to give the posters a safe covering so they wouldnt tear and wouldnt fall off and they were glossy and looked like they were 'laminated' on the door.
You said something about using pink? Well a good color combination is the black/grey like I was suggesting with pink doors. Use a gloss base grey paint and a gloss base black then get a dull finish pink. All the same, its your room ENJOY and if you dont like it , all you have to do is repaint again. ;-)
good luck with it!
0 Replies

Curlyq012345

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 05:19 pm
PINK and black.
I am about to re-do my room and here are some ides that I have for me. maybe they will work for you. I am a teen too. Lol.

Well they have this comforter at Target.. I'll try to put a pic on here... Well it is black and white with boldy daisy designs, but it still has an elegant feel to it.. It also brings some pink into the accents with pillows and etc.

What I am planning on doing is getting that comforter and trying to bring some of the pink onto my walls. I have like 4 walls.. all of them are going to be white accept one wall which is a mix b/w pale and hot pink... that will be the accent wall.. it should look really grat.. then I am going to snazz up my desk by adding some more black, white, and pink accents. It should look really good. Well i hope this gives you some ideas.

Oh yeh.. Can you tell me how to put an image on here..

This website has the pics and stuff on it Comforter design (CLICK HERE)
0 Replies