Anime Recommendations?

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 09:06 pm
I have just finished Seraph of the End [I 100% ship Yuu and Mika], and want to start watching a new anime series, but don't know where to start. I'm not looking for anything too specific, and I'm not opposed to dark themes, or humorous themes. [I have watched Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, OPM, Noragami, Parasyte, TTGL, and Erased as well]. I don't mind whether it's dubbed or subbed either. Just looking for some recommendations.

Real Music

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 11:29 pm
@racistm3lon,
Voltron: Lion Force
and
Star Blazers

These anime cartoons are older. I used to watch them many years ago.
0 Replies

Banana Breath

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 01:29 am
@racistm3lon,
While not part of the fantasy-anime genre, if you're interested in expanding your horizons a bit, you should see the Grave of the Fireflies if you haven't already.
Setanta

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 04:50 am
Ghost in the Shell is a 1995 anime film based on the manga series by Masamune Shirow, and is a classic. I think you might enjoy it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 04:59 am
@Banana Breath,
great film, would also suggest Tokyo Grandfathers or Tekkonkinkreet
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 11:32 am
@racistm3lon,
I almost forgot. There was another older anime cartoon I used to watch many years ago. "Battle Of The Planets"
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 12:00 pm
@racistm3lon,
If you have not seen the original Macross Super Dimension Fortress series, it is an all time classic. I know a US company bought the rights some years ago and completely remastered the entire series. In the 80's, the series was combined with a couple of other series under the Robotech name, but they changed some of the plot points. I would stick with the original series.
0 Replies

Banana Breath

Reply Sun 8 May, 2016 08:59 pm
@racistm3lon,
And of course anyone seriously interested in the Anime genre should see its beginnings:

0 Replies

printstopindia

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:01 am
@racistm3lon,
Attack on Titan
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2023 12:51 pm
Throwing this here as I'm testing out if posting YouTube videos at a2k will circumvent my current work streaming glitch problem.

0 Replies