bullies destroyed life

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 10:07 am
I am being bullied by the classmates in every class. I'm a shy introvert person. So I don't chat with people a lot. Three people started to laugh at me when I just randomly asked them about something and since then they ate making jokes on my tone because I'm softspoken. Surprisingly they do that even in front of the professor. I ignored initially. But their jokes have made me a strange thing to everybody else. Other classmates also stares at me in a strange way. They seen to be willing to accompany people that are popular and lively. I came to the class a year after my organ transplant. Due to my illness, I may not look active, vibrant all the time. Even talking with others is sometimes annoying for me. I keep calm to save my life. But this depression had increased my stress level a lot. I don't feel like getting out of bed most of the time. I wanted to make complaint. But the professor despite knowing about my health condition, didn't try to stop the bully. Instead professors have started ignoring me these days. One of them show me her shoe if I ever sit beside her and laughs to humiliate me. This has affected my grades tremendously. What should I do now? I can't move to other places because of my health treatment. Where to ask for justice. This bullies are taking my life.

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 10:16 am
@kma-9864,
Hi I am not sure where you are from or what leveling schooling you are in? - I know here in the US most schools have guidance and other counselors. Do you have a resource like that? I think you need to meet with one.

Also, it seems just wrong that professors would treat you that way. They should be standing up for you - is there someone at a higher level at the school? I would hope there is someone these professors must answer to - you could also reach out to them. Ask to set up an appointment and explain the struggles you are going through. It might be helpful to do so without coming down too hard on the teachers - maybe explain that the professors may not know the issues you are having and could this be communicated?

If you have further details on the area you live in, level of school, it might be helpful for us to direct you a bit more.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 11:05 am
@kma-9864,
Kma, things could improve as you age and mature
Hang in there
0 Replies

Ghost1998

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 01:04 pm
@kma-9864,
Unfortunately I don't really have a solid answer for you. From my own experience (I was bullied throughout most of elementary school) I would say, it's probably best if you ignore any mean things they say to you.

If they also bully you in a physical way (hitting, pushing, etc) it would probably be best if you hit back harder. I know that this is not what most adults would advice, but this is what my parents always thought me. I also know that this might be easier said then done, especially since I'm a tall guy. For a boy/girl that is much smaller then his/her bullies this might not seem like a smart idea, but in most cases this will stop the physical bullying.

To answer your question "Where to ask for justice?". I'm afraid most adults won't help you, they rarely do when it comes to bullying, so if you really want justice, you're probably going to have to get it yourself. I know that it isn't fair but in most cases, this is the unfortunate truth.

One thing that might also be a solution for you is following a home study. I'm not sure what it's called in English, but what I mean is following classes at home, not through your parents, but through a special education system.
I don't advice running away from your problems (the bullies), but if that's the only solution then a home study might work for you.

I hope this helps you in some way. You may also add me as a friend or follow me on this site, that way you can send me a message if you ever feel like you need to talk to someone. (In case it matters to you; I'm an 18 year old male)

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 07:00 pm
@kma-9864,
kma-9864 wrote:
I came to the class a year after my organ transplant. Due to my illness, I may not look active, vibrant all the time. Even talking with others is sometimes annoying for me. I keep calm to save my life.
kma-9864 wrote:
But the professor despite knowing about my health condition, didn't try to stop the bully. Instead professors have started ignoring me these days. One of them show me her shoe if I ever sit beside her and laughs to humiliate me. This has affected my grades tremendously. What should I do now? I can't move to other places because of my health treatment.

It sounds like your parents need to see a lawyer and threaten this school with the wrath of god.

Are you in a country like the US/Canada/Europe/Australia or similar (some place with a civilized legal system)?
Wild one

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 07:09 pm
@kma-9864,
Stfu
kma-9864

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 08:39 pm
@oralloy,
But how can I prove what happened to me? Will my word of mouth be enough?I guess 'no'
kma-9864

Reply Thu 5 May, 2016 11:59 pm
@Wild one ,
Looks like u must be someone around me
0 Replies

Ghost1998

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:04 am
@oralloy,
While you should perhaps try seeing a lawyer, I highly doubt they can do anything.

I live in the The Netherlands (Europe), which is probably one of the most civilized country's in the world (first to allow gay marriage, taking in an insane amount of refugees from other country's, named the friendliest people in the world) and even here they don't really do anything about it.

There was a boy that was continuously being bullied (I believe it was because he had autism) and because the school did nothing his parents asked a newly starting TV program (about bullying) for help. The TV program decided to help him by giving him a hidden camera to film the bullying. After that the host of the program confronted the school with the video, but after that confrontation the school went to court and the court ruled in the schools favor, because filming the bullies was a violation of privacy.
The boy who was being bullied was expelled and was no longer allowed to come back to that school and the TV program was only allowed to air this one episode, but they were prohibited from making any more episodes.

I'm not trying to demotivate you and you should definitely try anything you can, but realistically there's usually not that much a lawyer will be able to do.

Are your parents aware of this bullying? If so, have they contacted the school about this? Maybe they could try contacting the parents of the kids that bully you?
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 06:07 am
Bullied in EVERY class?

Professors a party to the bullying?

Try to get another person to witness all this. You might need collaboration to file some kind of complaint or get action.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 09:13 am
@kma-9864,
kma-9864 wrote:
But how can I prove what happened to me? Will my word of mouth be enough?I guess 'no'

I'm not sure, to tell you the truth.

I would guess see a lawyer wherever you live (I'm not sure what specialty, torts probably), and the lawyer will advise you as to what your options are, and what you will need to do in order to prove your case.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 09:18 am
@Ghost1998,
Ghost1998 wrote:
There was a boy that was continuously being bullied (I believe it was because he had autism) and because the school did nothing his parents asked a newly starting TV program (about bullying) for help. The TV program decided to help him by giving him a hidden camera to film the bullying. After that the host of the program confronted the school with the video, but after that confrontation the school went to court and the court ruled in the schools favor, because filming the bullies was a violation of privacy.

The boy who was being bullied was expelled and was no longer allowed to come back to that school and the TV program was only allowed to air this one episode, but they were prohibited from making any more episodes.

Was there no public outrage?

Here in the US, schools that do something outrageous are often sued by angry parents.

Anyway, I guess that is why it is good to get legal advice in whatever jurisdiction you're in, so you know what you should do and what you shouldn't do.
Ghost1998

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 09:47 am
@oralloy,
I believe there was, but it didn't change anything

From what I've heard it's really easy to just sue anybody for anything in the US, but in most other country's it's not that easy. It cost allot of money to sue somebody and if you lose the case, you also have to pay for the other parties lawyer (that's how it works in The Netherlands as far as I'm aware). Since gathering evidence is really hard because you're not allowed to record anything inside school, you'll need witnesses that can confirm it happened.

It would indeed be a good idea to get some information on what you are or aren't allowed to do.
kma-9864

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 10:59 am
@Ghost1998,
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll think about it. But I am afraid if making complaint or getting help of law would make situation worse. All of u please pray for me. I don't see anyone who wants to support me in this fight. Btw I 'm from Virginia, not a very welcoming place.
Ghost1998

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 11:08 am
@kma-9864,
No problem. Good luck, hopefully you'll find a solution
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 7 May, 2016 02:29 pm
@kma-9864,
kma-9864 wrote:
But I am afraid if making complaint or getting help of law would make situation worse.

The status quo is clearly untenable. You will have to change your conditions in order to survive.

Perhaps you should see a school counselor or get your parents involved before you jump right to getting a lawyer. But nothing is going to change for the better if you don't protest the way you are treated.
0 Replies