59

How can a good God allow suffering

NealNealNeal

0  
Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 09:54 am
@NealNealNeal,
Sorry. I meant to address Bill

livinglava

-1  
Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 10:00 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

Would you prefer that I say that God is not a " created being"?

It's not what I prefer you say. It's what you believe is accurate to say based on your understanding.

Are you truly reflecting on these meanings as we are discussing them, or are you just playing with words and meanings and trying to win debates without actually believing anything you say?
NealNealNeal

-1  
Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 11:23 am
@livinglava,
The message was intended for Bill. It is irritating to have people make such a big deal about the Bible using the male term for God
As for your question
I pay attention to all of the posters and pray for them. I spend a lot of time with your posts because I ask God to explain what you mean with your posts. Sometimes I lack the understanding of what you are saying.
livinglava

-1  
Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 11:57 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

The message was intended for Bill.

It's a public forum. There is a private-messaging function if you want to communicate with specific users exclusively and an ignore function if you don't want to see the messages posted by a certain user.

It is irritating to have people make such a big deal about the Bible using the male term for God

It's traditional so it's a little easier to accept than when people make a point of challenging tradition by referring to God as She or It. There are also reasons God is considered a father, i.e. because motherhood refers more to nurturing while fatherhood refers more to discipline. Of course there are fathers who nurture and mothers who discipline and, generally, gender distinctions are debatable, so it's better to avoid debate by simply maintaining the 'He' tradition. That way, when you read the Bible, your mind isn't constantly questioning the use of the masculine pronoun to refer to God the father.

As for your question

Well, you will need God to understand anything you read anywhere written by anyone, but I am happy to clarify anything I wrote, as that can help as well.

DiscipleDave

-2  
Reply Sun 24 May, 2020 11:31 pm
@SawyerMentink,
A long time ago, God led His people the Israelites. Then they said "We don't want you to rule over us, we want a King to rule over us" God said "So be it" and left the planet Earth, and left humans in charge of the Earth, to rule their own selves and NOT be led by God.
The result of humans ruling this planet is being seen today.

What suffering on this planet is not brought about by other humans?

The Homeless suffer, who fault do you think that is? Is it God's fault for allowing it, really? you do nothing to help the homeless, but sit in your chair and blame God for going nothing. Really? What have you done to help the Homeless?

God allows us humans to reign and rule our own selves, and what you see is the result. How easy is it to blame God for allowing all the suffering on this planet all the while you don't lift one little finger to try to help.

Suffering on this planet is caused by humans, suffering is allowed by HUMANS to continue because humans turn a blind eye, and don't lift a finger to help.

Where were the Christians when pray was being taken out of school? Where was the Christians putting a stop to that? Who lifted a finger to help keep prayer in school? No Christians did NOTHING, and prayer was removed by a very small group of atheists.

Homosexuals are now getting married. Did you as a Christians try to stop this from happening, or did you do NOTHING? Don't want to rock any boats right? Don't want to get involved right?

God is Good, humans are pathetic. If you want someone to blame for all the suffering on this planet, then put the blame where it belongs, ON US.
NealNealNeal

0  
Reply Mon 25 May, 2020 08:05 am
@DiscipleDave,
I was a baby when prayer was taken out of schools
I help the homeless to become more productive members of society. I also donate to help the poor living in other parts of the world.
I believe it is wrong to harm homosexuals physically (largely a 20th century problem in the (U S).
I tried to persuade people about the sanctity of marriage. However "misplaced compassion" for the homosexual won the day.
The United States is a democratic republic, not a Theocracy. Those who disagree with Christians have the right to have their say. I believe that Jesus taught His followers to help people with whatever needs they may have