58

How can a good God allow suffering

peacecrusader888

0  
Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2020 02:05 am
@vikorr,
Your date is not in the Bible. Anywhere. So believing in the Bible is not tied to your warning, and does not mean they should get out of the USA.

Do you realise how many other doomsdayers have existed in this world, completely and utterly believing their doomsday predictions? Not a one of them was right. History shows they continue to make excuses after their prophesied date passes, and history shows they were all, utterly wrong.

True, a date is not in the Holy Bible. But it is valid. The spirit of Ama said that World War III will start at Spratly Islands in the middle of the year on a Wednesday. Has World War III started already? It is 34 years since it was initially revealed. And there is an election this coming November.

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2020 06:33 am
@peacecrusader888,
just curious. where does one go in the event of a thermonuclear war?
vikorr

1  
Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2020 06:35 am
@Leadfoot,
Ummm...Heaven or Hell one would presume - depending on how good you were before you got zapped.

...that last bit sounds a lot like pest control.

2  
Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2020 06:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Going on the presumption that lighting never strikes twice I'd say Hiroshima.

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 07:46 am
Since we were warned to get out of the US before the WWIII date, I figured he had a suggestion.

Maybe code for 'Anybody but Trump'?

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2020 07:52 am
@vikorr,
There is a certain logic in what you said. I mean we don’t torture the buggers.

peacecrusader888

1  
Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 02:57 am
Remember, I said that I guessed that English and Pilipino will be used throughout the world. Why Pilipino? Because it is phonetic - how you hear it is how you spell it; how you read is how you write it down. It s easy to learn. My parents-in-law never went to school yet my mother-in-law could read the more than 200-page Pasiong Mahal. The text that the spirit of Ama used is Pilipino. No more translation.

weslo88

-1  
Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 06:47 pm
@SawyerMentink,
We all must suffer in our daily lives. Even Jesus Christ suffered while on earth. Only when our spirit leaves this earthly plane will all suffering stop. Then and only then will be able to rejoice basking in the light of God.

0  
Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 08:02 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Pacific coast of the US, well away from military installations and cities.

Best to have a large bunker (that you don't tell anyone about) with enough supplies to last you at least two years underground. Five years will be better.

Accept that you'll die from cancer at some point when you return to live on the surface. But people will be able to carry on with shortened lives for the next few centuries until the strontium and cesium decay away on the surface and the ozone layer rebuilds in the stratosphere.

A large supply of sunscreen will help with the missing ozone layer, but you'll eventually run out. There isn't much you'll be able to do about the cesium and strontium.

The nuclear winter should be over with by the time you come out of the bunker presuming that you stay underground for two or more years, so you probably won't have to worry about that.

Of course, much depends on the size of the nuclear war. My above advice presumes a very large nuclear war.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 04:08 am
@oralloy,
But isn’t it easier to just not want to do this silly routine anymore?

I’m no longer suicidal, but if I get blown to atoms in a thermonuclear blast, it'd be cool with me. Mean time? Enjoy the show.

Reminds me of my favorite SF novel of all times, 'Vintage Season'.