seeking info about this very old painting. no artist. possibly from 1800's

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 06:34 pm
seeking info about this very old painting. no artist. possibly from 1800's i was driving through my neighborhood and saw a guy cleaning out a very old house and this was leaning up against the garbage can near the street. i stopped and asked if i could take it. he said i could have the painting but had no information to go along with it. my brother who is a vintage expert says it is possibly from the 1800's. there is no artist signature or anything written or stamped on the back. also this is the frame that came with it. unknown if it is the original frame.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 936 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 06:36 pm
@twistedgemini,
Where's the picture?

I was given an original oil painting by Dan Piel after our trip to South Africa where I met him. He was a professor at Cal Poly at the time, but passed away a few years later.

In trying to find a value for the painting for insurance, I ran across a link that provides how to estimate the price by it's size and multiplying it by $1.92. I'm sure that's for only for an estimate for insurance purposes.
twistedgemini

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 06:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
how do i upload the image?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 06:42 pm
@twistedgemini,
Copy the URL and insert it between the "Img" you see above when you post.
twistedgemini

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 06:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
can i ad it from my gallery or camera?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 08:15 pm
@twistedgemini,
You should be able to if you have bluetooth.
0 Replies