TL;DR: Philosophical, metaphysical, mumbo jumbo and such...

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 08:39 pm
Hello folks. First time poster here. I scribbled a little something down today and I was looking for an audience. Hopefully someone gets something out of it. Thanks. Smile

TL;DR: Philosophical, metaphysical, mumbo jumbo and such...

In the beginning there was one. Depending on a persons spiritual and religious beliefs (or lack thereof), one may choose to envision this many different ways. It could be a single consciousness. A singularity of matter and energy, such as the big bang. Even as a singular void... A vast, unending expanse of nothing. Some people don't give a rats ass... and that's cool.

The part I find interesting is the common theme of a singularity that existed before the birth of this arbitrary thing we call reality. It's an idea that I've put a fair amount of thought into, and one that I've repeatedly bumped into whenever my literary interest takes me in certain directions. It seems to me, that what gave rise to the universe as we know it was the fundamental change in the nature of that singularity. In a sense, the reason we all exist as individuals is because we are all pieces of something greater that was broken up at some time for some reason.

Anyway, Quite a few years ago I bought a book about the Mayan prophecies for 2012 (Don't judge me!). I have to be honest. It was a really lousy book. Probably one of the worst I ever read, if I even managed to finish it. Luckily, I did stick with it long enough to find the one nugget of gold among the loosely cobbled together myths, legends, and false esotericism. I'm not sure where the original parable came from, but I know the sorry sack of **** who wrote the book didn't come up with it on his own. It was a simple story. Designed to explain the nature of God to small children. I think that's why it's stuck with me this long. It's just too simple and makes too much sense.

"God loves to play hide and seek. As a matter of fact, it's Gods favorite game ever. But in the beginning there were no people, or animals, or plants, or planets, or stars, or anything. There was nowhere to hide because nothing else existed and no reason to hide because there was no one to look for you. After an eternity of being bored and alone, God decided to do something about it.

So what did God do?

God used his imagination and dreamt up all the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, and the stars, and the moon, and you, and me, and everything. It's our job to find God in the world around us and remember that we're all just a small piece of something much greater." (Paraphrased)

Regardless of a persons religious beliefs (or lack thereof), I think the story has some important morals that benefit everyone. Individually, each of us is less than a speck of dust floating through space. That's why it's important to understand that we're all just a small part of something much bigger. Treat everyone as though they were an extension of yourself, because they are.

In my humble opinion, that's why ****'s so messed up these days. It's not a racial, economical, or political problem that's got us fucked up. Those are just some of the symptoms. The real problem is, motherfuckers don't know how to treat each other, but I digress...
One more quick note, before I finish rambling. I'm personally not a very "religious" person. At least in the conventional sense of the term. I think religion is far too often taken out of context. By BOTH sides. I've never thought Jesus' ideas were that hard to understand. A big chunk of what he taught can be summarized right up there ^. Treat other people as you would like to be treated.
I mean, you can go to church on Sunday and ask forgiveness for your sins, but Jesus would probably tell you it's better to just not be a dick in the first place.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,435 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 11:40 pm
@MysticFerret,
Maybe you should ponder the meaning of the word 'existence'....specifically whether it is relative or absolute. IMO a relative interpretation rules out 'a singularity' and suggests a 'zero sum', whereas absolute suggests a 'deity'.
Have fun ! Smile
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 05:16 am
@MysticFerret,
There was no beginning.
Everything in existence - always existed - Though it alters in form via transition.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 05:41 am
You sure have spammed a lot of threads, Mark. Dull day?
mark noble

Reply Sun 1 May, 2016 05:46 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Great day, thanks.
'spammed'?
You mean 'responded'?
0 Replies