Female Teen Bedroom Help

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:03 pm
Hi, I have a bright pink and lime green comforter(one sides pink, the others green) and my dresser is painted the same colors (the drawers are pink, and the dresser is green) and I would like to paint my room a colour that would compliment these. I was thinking orange? or maybe blue? yellow? I really don't know, If you have any ideas as to what colour i should paint it and some other items I could compliment it with, that would be great! Thanx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,733 • Replies: 7
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:06 pm
Not sure about just one more color -- you might want to do a variety of colors. My daughter's room has red, orange, yellow, dark pink, light pink, and green, which sounds like a cacaphony but works quite well.

I definitely think the walls (if that's what you're referring to) should be a tamer color -- light yellow or light pink, say -- and then pull in various other colors with prints.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:12 pm
Hmm when clothes are those colors, they tend to be in a plaid pattern, so yeah, a tamer color is woven in, like a tan or straw color. Since you already have two really vibrant colors going, another eye-popping color might be a bit much. This is kinda what I'm talking about: http://www.craftpizazz.com/products/20021
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:18 pm
Lots of florals in those colors -- flowers plus leaves/stems.

I'm thinking curtains, rugs, prints (like posters or whatever), colorful frames. Doesn't have to be chintzy flowers, at all. Do you live near an Ikea? Lots of cheap, interesting options there. But even Target has good stuff lately, I personally like a lot of the Swell stuff (Cynthia Rowley + pal.)
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 09:35 pm
If the pink and green are vivid I would go for a more subtle variant for the walls, maybe a pastel pink with green leaf stencil patterns in appropriate places.
0 Replies

esaarf

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 01:02 pm
Color for walls . . . if not too late
I just decorated my niece's room. She really like the lime green colors . . and hot pink was usually an accent color. Both very bold. So, I complimented with a lavender! It works great and looks great. Especially when I painted the focal wall lime green and the other three walls lavender. It made all the bold colors "pop" without having too much going on with the walls. Sounds like this concept couldn't have worked in your room, also.
0 Replies

esaarf

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 01:02 pm
Oops.
I meant COULD HAVE worked in your room, also.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 01:26 pm
I usually go to my local paint store and get a lot of swatchesÂ…they're free.

Here's a site that may help you with your color ideas.

http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/
0 Replies