Do you think Medical Marijuana should be legalised everywhere in USA?

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 02:53 am
Medical Marijuana is helpful in treating many disease like Cancer, Brain Trauma, Severe Chronic Pain, etc . But it is legal in few states of USA.
My question is that should Medical Marijuana be legalised in all parts of USA , as Medical Marijuana has lots of benefit and is used in treatment various kinds of diseases.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 1,871 • Replies: 21
Topic Closed

mark noble

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 07:16 am
@4thstreet,
When the cure for, virtually everything, becomes more accessible it fks with pharma-based agendas.
nuff said.
BillRM

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 09:35 am
@4thstreet,
All marijuana should be legal repeat all marijuana should be legal as I told a federal judge when question for a jury trial in 1972 in a marijuana smuggling case.

As far as my memory go my comments was as follow I do not believe in the marijuana laws nor would I convict anyone under those laws.

For some strange reason I did not get to be on that jury panel.
ossobuco

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 10:29 am
@4thstreet,
Of course.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 10:34 am
If used for medical reasons, then yes, I believe that it should be made available throughout the country.
Leadfoot

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 11:05 am
Marijuana should never have been made illegal. The laws banning it were used mainly as a tool to discriminate against certain minorities.

For that matter, I've never understood the Constitutionality of the 'Controlled Substances Act' that tricky Dicky used to kick off the insane 'War On Drugs'.
Fil Albuquerque

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 11:26 am
@4thstreet,
A very confident yes. And no I do not smoke it.
InfraBlue

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 12:40 pm
It should be made legal for recreational purposes.

The DEA is going to review its marijuana scheduling in July.
boomerang

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 02:45 pm
My state took in $3.5 million in taxes the first month (yes, month) that pot was taxed.

I think that kind of money will lead to legalization everywhere.
0 Replies

boomerang

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 02:48 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot, did you read this: https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

According to John Ehrlichman

Quote:

“The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”
Leadfoot

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 04:45 pm
@boomerang,
Thanks for the link, I hadn't run across that before.

I was familiar with the Anslinger-Hearst campaign against Mexicans and Blacks back in the late 1930s that generated the oh so funny (now) Refer Madness movie and propaganda campaign which eventually resulted in the 1930s 'Marijuana Stamp Act' requiring that you have this tax stamp in order to legally possess it. They never printed any :-)

At that time, Government lawyers couldn't come up with a Constitutionally legal way to outright ban marijuana. How Nixon magically accomplished that with the Controlled Substances act is still a legal mystery.

As you point out, both these were personal hate campaigns by those in and near government.

The ONLY reason things are changing is because of the magic 51% of Americans finally waking up to this insanity.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 04:50 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
The DEA is going to review its marijuana scheduling in July.
They have done that several times in the past, always taking years to issue an opinion before saying 'No' to de-scheduling it from Schedule 1 (same as heroin). If they say 'Yes' this time it will only be because it is politically advantageous.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 04:52 pm
We've had a crazy uptick in the number of small, local dispensaries here in Canada. For medical purposes, smoking isn't recommended. As a result there has also been an uptick in recipe - sharing , especially for recipes involving marijuana butter.

the cannabutter mac'n'çheese looks interesting

http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/12/22/best-2014-cannabutter-marijuana-recipes-pot-brownies-mac-cheese/25766/
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 07:02 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Marijuana should never have been made illegal. The laws banning it were used mainly as a tool to discriminate against certain minorities.

For that matter, I've never understood the Constitutionality of the 'Controlled Substances Act' that tricky Dicky used to kick off the insane 'War On Drugs'.

Agreeing 100%.

0 Replies

chai2

Thu 14 Apr, 2016 07:09 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

If used for medical reasons, then yes, I believe that it should be made available throughout the country.

Why just for medical reasons Sturgis?

0 Replies

4thstreet

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 02:54 am
@mark noble,
@mark Noble Thanks for sharing your thought with us.
0 Replies

4thstreet

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 02:56 am
@BillRM,
@ BillRM Thanks for giving your precious time in writing your view on this topic. Your views will certainly be helpful to us.
4thstreet

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 02:58 am
@Sturgis,
@Sturgis i agree with you . If used for medical reason marijuana should be made available.
0 Replies

4thstreet

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 03:00 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
@ Fil Albuquerque Thanks for your review. For Medical purpose it should be allowed.
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 15 Apr, 2016 03:31 pm
@4thstreet,
4thstreet wrote:

@ BillRM Thanks for giving your precious time in writing your view on this topic. Your views will certainly be helpful to us.

Who is this "us" you've alluded to at least twice?

And why are you restricting your opinion on legalization to only Medical Marijuana?

Seems quite biased to me. I can't imagine finding many, or any people that would oppose legalizing it for medical use.