"Disappointed" rescuers save man and son -- twice

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:38 pm
Anyway. I crept around, avoiding detection by the rather stupid zombies, until I found a door. You know, one of those ones that you see in factories with a dirty glass panel with the foreman's name on it or something. This one hadn't been washed in about a hundred years.

I peered through it and saw the little old man hunched over his work table. Carving.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:40 pm
Smile cool
do go on
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:40 pm
Cool Very Happy.. did he notice you?

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:41 pm
Slowly I opened the door and stepped inside.

"Mr Toymaker?" I asked hesitantly.

His head moved slightly in my direction. "Hold on there, I'm just about finished with this one"

"No don't finish it!" I said. "They're evil!"
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:42 pm
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:42 pm
His hand faltered a bit, but he went on anyway. "No, no, no," he said, "They're adorable! Look at them." He moved away from the doll he'd just finished and I saw another one of those yellow haired demon dolls from outside.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:43 pm
Heheheh. Very Happy

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:43 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:45 pm
I stepped back in alarm.

"Here," he said, shuffling across to the other side of the room, "Let me show you my first"

"No!" I yelled. Too loudly, I realised.

It got very silent outside the room. I stopped breathing. The old man's hand reached for a cloth covering what looked about the right size and shape for a doll.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:46 pm
Spooky Surprised

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:47 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:48 pm
"Don't," I whimpered. I looked back at the other, newly finished doll and found that it was watching me. I hadn't seen it move but it was staring right at me!

The man's withered old hand reached out and pulled at the cloth. A it slipped aside I saw the yellow curls emerge. Then the blue eyes.

But these eyes weren't cute or happy. They were evil, and the smile on it's face was definitely demonic.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:48 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:49 pm
You really should tell more of these dreams, Fortune; they're great, and so creative Very Happy.

(Surprised about the visibly demonic doll)

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:52 pm
"Hello," it said in a little girls voice, turning it's dolls doll's head towards me as the old man slunk back into the shadows.

I couldn't speak, I couldn't move.

"I've been expecting you," it said, smiling even more. And then she started to laugh. Giggle really.

Something started to pound on the door and I finally found the strength to move, trying dsperately to hold it shut.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:52 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:55 pm
(Thanks, Drom. I think I will.)

I looked back to the doll and saw that it was starting to move, to get up, to come towards me.

"Please!" I shouted at the old man, over the rising noise outside. "Your dolls aren't what you think they are!" I saw his glasses glint in the shadows and knew he was watching me. "Please," I said again, "You can stop this. You can make things right again!"
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:57 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:57 pm
(I said that giggling was evil Very Happy... and it so is.)

(Good, Fortune; I bet that they'll keep both Col and I on tenterhooks. Maybe you should tell one every night (or whatever, give and take your being here.)

Very Happy

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2004 04:58 pm
The doll was on the floor now, walking towards me. It was in no hurry, it knew I was dead. It was enjoying the moment.

"You have to stop this!" I tried again. I knew I wouldn't be able to destroy the doll, it was a demon after all. "If you don't these dolls will destroy everything! They'll spread. There will be NOTHING LEFT!"
0 Replies