"Disappointed" rescuers save man and son -- twice

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:23 pm
Oh, I missed that.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:23 pm
ok freaky the hamsters sent me one of those mails to this thread and when i looked it said it had been removed
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:25 pm
Funny, I just got told that the page I was trying to open was non-existent too. I think it's probably just the pace of posting, you go too fast and you're more likely to trip over people while they're editing.
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:32 pm
yeah it is going fast at the moment
im just thinking that
im having trouble keeping up Smile
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:37 pm
I have this problem all the time in Word Games. I get sooo many cross posts!
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:38 pm
haha
yes ive seen it when i played them for a while
i stopped
it was all too much for me...
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:50 pm
The last hour I've been replying to posts ongoing. It's pretty bad for my fingers I guess.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:51 pm
They traumatised you?

I'm getting Hamster messages too. Do you know what's freaky though? Someone had some sort of trojan on my computer, so that they could say what I was about to say, before I typed it. It freaked me out..

0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
? now thats freaky
what happened to the firewall?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:55 pm
Wow, wierd. That'd freak me out too.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:56 pm
They can get around that still, I found out today.

Try to get something called 'Adaware.' If you can't get it, I'll send it to you when I can use MSN. I had 94 'Scumwares' and 'trojans' on the server, despite my firewall. I cleaned it out again 3 hours' later, and there were 40.

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:57 pm
I have AdAware too. The number of Trojans, SpyWare etc I've had so far ... Rolling Eyes more than 250 or so. They just keep creeping in.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:58 pm
fortune wrote:
Wow, wierd. That'd freak me out too.

It really was weird, Fortune, it was weird-ass. And, even weirder, a few times this other girl's writing came out under my name. Chinese people and this oldish guy called 'nounours reveur' or 'one who dreams of teddy-love' got added too.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:58 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
I have AdAware too. The number of Trojans, SpyWare etc I've had so far ... Rolling Eyes more than 250 or so. They just keep creeping in.

It's so pointless; there is usually no reason for them to hijack us at all... Neutral..

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
My poor computer has been so thouroughly attacked in the past that I have resorted to ghosting the hard drive so that I can just start from scratch when it gets too bad (and it does happen).
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
We are victims of computerterror I tell ya Mr. Green 'Oh my, I have a Bin Laden attacking my computer'.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:03 pm
Can you imagine Bush fighting the War on PC terror (which he'd later try to rename as the 'War Against Those People Really Infiltrating Computers in the free world, or WATPRIC for short.)

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:03 pm
fortune wrote:
My poor computer has been so thouroughly attacked in the past that I have resorted to ghosting the hard drive so that I can just start from scratch when it gets too bad (and it does happen).

How often tdo you have to do that, Fortune? Do you have a way of saving your data through it all? -- CDs?

0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:04 pm
Mr. Green Bin Laden ans his Hackerban!
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 04:07 pm
CD store everything I want to keep. If I want to save something permanently it is immediatley backed up, I don't trust my computer's safety anymore. Ghosting happens at irregular intervals, it depends entirely on the sites I visit.
0 Replies