14

What are the Best and Worst Disney movies?

Seizan

2  
Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 03:42 am
About Chris Pine singing. It was agony...

Oops. I mean, it was "Agony" (name of the song)...

;-)

Have to admit, he seemed to be having a lot of fun hamming it up as an over-macho egotistic "I was brought up to be charming, not sincere" handsome prince...!

1  
Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 07:35 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

So, you think I should take time to see it?

Into the Woods is a fair and solid adaptation of the Broadway musical. On the one hand, it had been translated much better to the big screen than say Rob Marshall's insanely overrated Oscarbuster Chicago and Joel Schumacher's soulless drizzle of a Phantom of the Opera. On the other hand? Into the Woods still wasn't as potent as the actual Broadway musical.

Still, it's a fun two hours. Get a copy from the library. Put it on. If you have to do chores while it's playing in the background? Or finish off a crossword puzzle while it's playing? You can still enjoy it and not really miss anything.

Full disclosure: Into the Woods is in my top 3ish favorite Broadway musicals of all time.

1  
Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 11:37 am

Thomas33

1  
Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 02:56 pm
Best (in no particular order): The Little Mermaid and Hercules.

Worst: The Aristocats.