I think prostitution is hot

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 12:51 pm
I do not understand why a woman (or a man) selling sex for money is so looked down at. I personally think if a woman is sexy and sexually aggressive that I get turned on enough to pay for sex, she should get props. Also if a woman is helping a guy out who otherwise could not get laid, than she should also get props. Why does everyone seem to shun and hate hookers in the U.S? It's not like sex is some sacred thing around here anyway.

Tes yeux noirs

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 01:19 pm
How much do your mother and sister charge for a BJ?
Lordyaswas

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 01:20 pm
@tony5732,
Would you let someone bugger you for a wrap of heroin?
tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 01:34 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Ok, again, why does prostituting have to be associated with drugs? Heroin addicts also eat sandwiches, drive cars, watch T.V, dance, etc. So, by your logic, everyone who does these things is a heroin addict. That would make everyone a heroin addict. I think this logic is flawed.
tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 01:37 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Nothing! Neither did yours. I just don't get why people who do charge get a bad rap.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 01:58 pm
Because it is tacky?
tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:13 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Hating, shunning, ridicule, dehumanizing, and arrest is a bit harsh for "tacky" in a "free country" wouldn't you think?
PUNKEY

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:26 pm
Tony - I think you want to decriminalize it. (prostitution)

Fine.

But that does not change the feeling of many who think that the buying and selling of sexual activity is not the highest form of communication. In fact, it can be a demeaning situation for the one "selling.'
ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:28 pm
@tony5732,
The people who have responded to you (other than Punkey) aren't from the US so you'll need to expand your list of places where prostition is looked down on.
tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Ah, I'm talking about U.S. I don't know enough about other places to know how they look at prostituting. Sorry for confusion.
0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:41 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well yes, decriminalize it would be cool. I also don't think anyone "selling" should be any more or less embarrassed than those of us who are "giving". What I am asking is that if two girls have a one night stand, and one of them got a $ bonus, how is that all the sudden worse?
Lordyaswas

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:43 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

Ok, again, why does prostituting have to be associated with drugs? Heroin addicts also eat sandwiches, drive cars, watch T.V, dance, etc. So, by your logic, everyone who does these things is a heroin addict. That would make everyone a heroin addict. I think this logic is flawed.

Where did I put it down, or associate all prostitution with drugs?

I asked you a simple question.

Would you be buggered for a wrap of heroin?

Your answer, I assume, would depend upon your level of addiction and desperation for a fix.

If you were desperate enough to say yes, my next question would be: how hot would you consider prostitution once your john had wiped himself clean and walked away?

Squeaky clean, lovey dovey prostitution is all in your head, tony.

In the real world, there are differing degrees of enjoyment or suffering and/or job satisfaction/loathing, when one is on the receiving end.

maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:49 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Are you making an argument against prostitution, or an argument against heroin addiction?

I am against heroin addiction. I am not against prostitution.
Lordyaswas

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:50 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm making an argument against prostitution being labelled hot.

0 Replies

ehBeth

@tony5732,
Prostitution is pretty rarely anything like a one-night stand.

There are certainly some prostitutes who want to have sex with the people they are paid to have sex with , but they are in the minority. There's a reason that people who are able to get out of the sex trade are called survivors.
tony5732

@Lordyaswas,
The concept of anything in this world being squeaky clean is imaginary. Each individual has a different idea of what enjoyable and what is suffering. Professional sex worker to me is no worse than professional politician or professional lawyer. If a hooker likes what they do, more power to them.
ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:53 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:
If a hooker likes what they do, more power to them.

that If is an enormous part of the issue

very few do like it - many are forced into it - for financial and'/or addiction reasons

it's not a nice way to make a living

it's not like the sugardaddy girls (and it's not all that great for all of them)
Lordyaswas

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:54 pm
@tony5732,
If they convince you that they like what they do, then they are either genuinely liking what they do, or they are very good at acting, or you are extremely gullible.

I know what I would tend to bet on.

maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 02:58 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Prostitution is pretty rarely anything like a one-night stand.

There are certainly some prostitutes who want to have sex with the people they are paid to have sex with , but they are in the minority. There's a reason that people who are able to get out of the sex trade are called survivors.

Who calls people who get out of the sex trade "survivors"?
maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:01 pm
There is a strong movement to give rights and dignity to sex workers who choose (for whatever reason). The way to do this is to decriminalize the the selling of sex for both buyers and sellers.

Quote:
As a global human rights organization, Amnesty International has a responsibility to assess how best to prevent human rights violations. As such, it is right and fitting that we should look at one of the most disadvantaged groups of people in the world, often forced to live outside the law and denied their most basic human rights: sex workers.

We have chosen to advocate for the decriminalization of all aspects of consensual adult sex - sex work that does not involve coercion, exploitation or abuse. This is based on evidence and the real-life experience of sex workers themselves that criminalization makes them less safe.

We reached this position by consulting a wide array of individuals and groups, including but not limited to: sex workers, survivor and abolitionist groups, HIV agencies, women’s and LGBTI rights activists, Indigenous women’s groups, anti-trafficking groups and leading academics.

We have a Puritanical social stigma against sex work. This does nothing to help sex workers.