I think prostitution is hot

tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:02 pm
@Lordyaswas,
That's any job. What's wrong with the job being hot as hell and making people want to have sex with you?
0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:03 pm
@maxdancona,
You make sense to me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:03 pm
@maxdancona,
The people who help women and underage children escape the sex trade.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:05 pm
@maxdancona,
They call themselves survivors.

My friend, J, uses that term every day so people understand what happened to her. - and what is still happening on the street. She's not alone in that.
Lordyaswas

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:05 pm
@maxdancona,

"There is a strong movement to give rights and dignity to sex workers who choose (for whatever reason). The way to do this is to decriminalize the the selling of sex for both buyers and sellers.......etc"

Good luck with all that.

When you have massive earning potential, you will always have some form of criminal control in the background.

When you have criminal control, as sure as eggs is eggs, that criminal control will come under the "protection" of some form of organised crime syndicate.

When you have organised crime, you have fear and exploitation.

Like I say, good luck with that.
0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:07 pm
@ehBeth,
-if they are forced, that is rape. Not what I am talking about.
-if they don't like making a living like that they absolutely should not do it
-sugar daddy girls are hookers, with one repeating customer. Same rules apply
ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:07 pm
@maxdancona,
it's used by Amnesty International in the link you offered

maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
We reached this position by consulting a wide array of individuals and groups, including but not limited to: sex workers, survivor and abolitionist groups, HIV agencies, women’s and LGBTI rights activists, Indigenous women’s groups, anti-trafficking groups and leading academics.

looking was a mistake

I apologize
Lordyaswas

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Very Happy
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:09 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Have you listened to them Lordy?

If you want to listen to the voice of sex workers, this is a good place to start...

ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:10 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

-if they don't like making a living like that they absolutely should not do it

many do it to survive, not because they like it

it's not always a matter of choice

__

same thing with the sugar daddy girls - at the beginning they think they have some control over what's happening. it doesn't often end well.

there are certainly some anecdotes of sugar daddy girls who graduate and manage to go on to standard careers without any blowback from their working days, but it's not consistent
tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:14 pm
I think we are mixing up sex trade and prostitution. I do not like a bunch of guys throwing some girls on a boat and pimping etc. I am talking about when a girl decides to work at a brothel or even a bar type agreement where a girl wants to pick up a few bucks.
maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:15 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

They call themselves survivors.

My friend, J, uses that term every day so people understand what happened to her. - and what is still happening on the street. She's not alone in that.

People who were trafficked call themselves survivors. People who were abused call themselves survivors. This is a term for someone who was exploited and faced violence whether or not they were in the sex trade.

A lot of sex workers (including the woman in the video I just posted) who are calling for both the buying and selling of sex to be decriminalized. They have a very clear argument for why this will make their lives better and less dangerous.

Are you willing to listen to these women?

Of course there are also women who have been abused, and have horrible stories... The question is whether treating sex work as a criminal act (by either the buyer or seller) makes things better for these women, or worse.

People in the sex trade and related civil rights group (including the Red Umbrella and Amnesty International) point out that these women are benefited when their work is safe and relatively open.

Will you listen to these women?

0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Those girls could choose to work somewhere else.. There are plenty of ways to "survive" in the U.S. Without sex working. If they don't like it, choose to stop. If they don't have a choice, it's rape, not prostitution.
maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Listen to the video I posted. She makes the case for sex workers better than anyone I have heard.

1) Making the selling of sex illegal increases the cost and profits and gives power to the pimps. By decriminalizing it you give power to the sex worker.

2) Making the buying of sex illegal increases the risk to the sex worker. She points out that if customers don't fear being arrested, she can get their name and their cell phone number and meet in a fairly open place. By increasing the fear of the customer, it drives the practice underground and makes the profession much more dangerous.

3) There are many many reasons that women (and some men) choose prostitution. Treating all of these women alike is disrespectful of their choices. She points out that most women's lives will be worse without this option rather than better.

These are real women with real voices. You should listen to them.
ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:24 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

I think we are mixing up sex trade and prostitution.

prostitution is a component of the sex trade/industry
tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:25 pm
@maxdancona,
That's what I am saying! God bless those beautiful sexy people who don't mind giving a bj for some cash and stop making this a black market thing.
0 Replies

tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:27 pm
@ehBeth,
I understand what you are saying, and that IS disgusting. I am talking about a person making their own decision to have sex for money though. I am not talking about sex trafficking etc.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:28 pm
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

Those girls could choose to work somewhere else.

what do you suggest an un/undereducated drug addict do to make a living?

what are you going to do to prevent pimps from making a living off boys/girls/men/women?

how are you going to know if the woman in the barl wants to have sex with you and get some $ for that treat, or if she has a pimp to report to?

street hooking is prostitution
tony5732

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:31 pm
@ehBeth,
1. Clean-up, start small, work your way up. I did it with 0 dicks blown. McDonald's hires everyone. Regular sales does too.

2. Listen to max, legalize it. Problem solved.
maxdancona

Thu 7 Apr, 2016 03:34 pm
@ehBeth,
what do you suggest an un/undereducated drug addict do to make a living?

This seems like an unrelated question. We should invest a lot more money into education and drug addiction.

what are you going to do to prevent pimps from making a living off boys/girls/men/women?

If we decriminalize the buying and selling of sex (and make pimping illegal) you will put the power in the hands if the sex worker meaning that pimps will no longer able to steal money off of them.

how are you going to know if the woman in the barl wants to have sex with you and get some $ for that treat, or if she has a pimp to report to?

See answer above.

street hooking is prostitution

By decriminalizing the buying and selling of sex you give the power to the sex worker to decide the conditions that she (or he) works under. She can decide how to find and screen customers without her her customers needing to worry about being arrested and publicaly shamed.
0 Replies