iPad won't download newest iOS. Says it has no connection to Internet

dlowan

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 02:59 am
My iPad is persistently failing to download the newest iOS.

It gets to "verify update", then says Download failed because internet connection lost.

Thing is, it IS connected by wifi. The same wifi that my iPhone was happy to use to do the same thing.

Any ideas?

Would it help if I connected it to my PC?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,922 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

Ragman

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 07:54 am
@dlowan,
They messed up the update with forcing this security increased procedure on the members who are updating OS .

If you go to Apple store, they'll fix it in 3 minutes. They blasted an explanation over the last few days in all of the media outlets about this 'glitch'. This has been posted in a lot of place on the Internet:

http://news.sky.com/story/1217187/iphone-and-ipad-users-hit-by-security-glitch

I had to go to Apple store and get my IPhone ' fixed' You have to log into your Apple account (and remember your username and password, etc) . Once you've logged in, run the ' Where's my Iphone' application. which is where you're forced to go to by the update.

That's where they messed up with this update of the iOS due to their choice of forcing tighter security.

Ragman

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 09:20 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Would it help if I connected it to my PC?
Yes, it would help make it easier

I found the best procedure to have them fix it at Apple store. They're only 1 mile away for me and it's their fault, fercrissakes.
dlowan

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 02:38 pm
@Ragman,
Oh, I didn't see it on the net, thank you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 02:39 pm
@Ragman,
Getting to,Apple stores is a nightmare for me.
dlowan

Mon 28 Mar, 2016 02:42 pm
@dlowan,
Logging in for find my iPhone did nothing?
0 Replies