I am going through a custody case that is getting nasty.

Debra Law

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:45 am
Revocable
I still don't understand Nikki's situation.

A natural parent's placement of her children with a family member during a time of need is revocable at will.

Unless she LOST custody through a custody proceeding wherein her brother had her judicially declared to be unfit, I don't understand her problem. It does not appear that she abandoned the children. The children have not lived with the brother long enough to constitute extraordinary circumstances.

She says she's going through a custody case that's getting nasty. Yet, she doesn't tell us how this matter became a "custody case" or whether she has legal representation.

Is there a court order that prevents her from revoking the temporary custody placement, and simply going to her brother's house, collecting her children, and leaving with them?

Nikki, get a lawyer! If you are not unfit and if extraordinary circumstances do not exist, a lawyer should be able to get your children back right away. According to the information you provided, you and your brother agreed the children would stay with him until the school year ended and you would get them back in June. It's almost the end of August. What are you waiting for? GET A LAWYER and assert your parental rights and get your children back now.

If you can't afford a lawyer, call your local bar association and get a pro bono attorney assigned to assist you. Do it now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:51 am
Nikki posted that her brother has legal physical custody of the children. That's got to mean something - not sure what exactly, but the kids weren't just dropped off. There's definitely something missing in how all of this has been presented. And perhaps that something is keeping the children with Nikki's brother.
0 Replies

nikki70

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 12:13 am
Re: Revocable
Debra_Law wrote:
I still don't understand Nikki's situation.

A natural parent's placement of her children with a family member during a time of need is revocable at will.

Unless she LOST custody through a custody proceeding wherein her brother had her judicially declared to be unfit, I don't understand her problem. It does not appear that she abandoned the children. The children have not lived with the brother long enough to constitute extraordinary circumstances.

She says she's going through a custody case that's getting nasty. Yet, she doesn't tell us how this matter became a "custody case" or whether she has legal representation.

Is there a court order that prevents her from revoking the temporary custody placement, and simply going to her brother's house, collecting her children, and leaving with them?

Nikki, get a lawyer! If you are not unfit and if extraordinary circumstances do not exist, a lawyer should be able to get your children back right away. According to the information you provided, you and your brother agreed the children would stay with him until the school year ended and you would get them back in June. It's almost the end of August. What are you waiting for? GET A LAWYER and assert your parental rights and get your children back now.

If you can't afford a lawyer, call your local bar association and get a pro bono attorney assigned to assist you. Do it now.

THANK YOU DEBRA LAW!!! I GOT A LAWYER AS WE SPEAK!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

nikki70

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 12:25 am
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT....ESPECIALLY DEBRA LAW...I`LL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED....COURT DATE AUGUST 28TH!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:40 am
Good luck, Nikki!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 11:32 am
Best wishes Nikki ;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 01:36 pm
I hope that everything works out in the very best way for the children involved.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:35 pm
I have my fingers crossed. Good luck.
0 Replies

nikki70

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 03:44 am
re: custody case!!!! i got my children back!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy hello all!!! well it all worked out well....yesterday my children were back in the home by the end of the business day. i got a restraining order againist my brother because the judge found him gulity of parental alienation. he has no basis for his case and he was ordered to stay away from me and my children. i just wanted to thank all of you for your input......especially debra law......girl you need to go ahead and be a lawyer cuz you sure know your stuff!!!! thanks again to all!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:46 am
nikki - I haven't posted to this question before, but have been following along. I am glad everything worked out for you! Hug those boys!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 11:08 am
Glad to hear it, Nikki, and thanks for letting us know.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 11:46 am
Nikki--

I'm glad everything worked out. Now, your family will be together.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 11:49 am
Nikki
Way to go girl!!! You must be so thrilled to have your children back!!! I'm so very happy for you and your kids :-D
0 Replies