What are the signs of a bad website?

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:50 am
I am having really bad traffic and i think it's because of a bad website maybe, can you guys tell me what are the signs of a website being bad?

dalehileman

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 12:50 pm
@annaparr,
Bad website, good question, Anna. Which website in particular but can you provide a few examples of the bad traffic
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 01:55 pm
You only have to use Google to find dozens of "10 signs you have a bad website" type pages. Common features include bad color choices, stupid fonts, amateur appearance, broken links, more sales pitch than content, misspelled words, typos, and bad grammar, the "too many" syndrome: too many colors. Too many font sizes. Too many "cute" graphics that don't add value and increase download time.
jespah

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 02:09 pm
@annaparr,
Consider user-centered design. Instructions and buttons should be clear and labeled. Steps and screens should be as few as possible to get to the end result. If I go to your site, I need to know what it's about in 7 seconds or less.

Is it hard to read? Is it a site which the disabled cannot use effectively? How does it look on mobile?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:10 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
bad color choices, stupid fonts, amateur appearance
Tes I am forever impressed by your abilities. Probly I've asked previously but are you not a teacher
johnniewalk

Tue 26 Apr, 2016 04:34 am
@dalehileman,
Duplicate content is to be consider as a important thing which shows you a bad website signs
0 Replies

steelsparrow

Fri 29 Apr, 2016 01:05 am
Bad Websites are duplicate content, blurring images, bad font style,
0 Replies

iamharismohammad

Wed 1 Nov, 2017 06:10 am
@annaparr,
Hey Anna,
In my opinion, difficult navigational structures, poor colour combination and font, low quality graphics, and lack of mobile compatibility are some of the important signs of a bad website.
0 Replies

homeworkjoy

Thu 15 Feb, 2018 04:52 am
@annaparr,
1. Your website is not Mobile Optimized
2. It's has no Social Presence
3. Lacking the latest in Web Development
4. Not optimized for conversions
5. Cluttered homepage.
0 Replies