It follow the best horrorfilm:

cavfancier

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:16 pm
I don't even know how many times I've seen A Clockwork Orange...
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:01 pm
Hmmm...The Shining may have been "better,"

but IMHO The Exorcist & Rosemary's Baby were "scarier." Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:07 pm
extra medium wrote:
Hmmm...The Shining may have been "better,"

but IMHO The Exorcist & Rosemary's Baby were "scarier." Twisted Evil

Yep, great choices. Both flicks were truly scary, especially The Exorcist, Director's cut, with the extra scenes.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:16 pm
Isn't there a prequel out on The Exorcist? Think I'll skip that one.

There was a movie that I watched long ago called (I think) Don't Look Over Your Shoulder) starred Donald Sutherland and had to do with a midget serial killer. The ending was a shocker.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:22 pm
Nope. Don't Look Now was the name of it.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:36 pm
That sounds almost funny, Letty. Was it scary? (I just looked up some summaries of Don't Look Now. Seems pretty darn creepy.)

I saw a trailer to the Exorcist prequel, its on the internet now.
From the trailer, it looks just a bit like it could be more of a big budget glossy Hollywood horror flick. Not exactly, but tending in that direction. More gloss, less actual scary plot. Which would be a big let down to Exorcist fans. Hard to say from just a trailer, though.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 04:19 pm
extra, That movie was horrific. The last scene when the midget (I know, it does sound ridiculous)turned and slashed Southerland's throat, was the most unbelievable bit of the arabesque that I have ever seen. Shocked
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:14 pm
The Exorcist ? I have this move in my memory as a waste horrorfilm...
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:55 pm
Thok wrote:
The Exorcist ? I have this move in my memory as a waste horrorfilm...

okay....what's a good one in your opinion?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 02:50 am
extra medium wrote:
what's a good one in your opinion?

"Psycho" by Alfred Hitchock , consistently new excited !
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 05:53 am
Re: It follow the best horrorfilm:
Thok wrote:
(es+u+cs+t)² + s + (tl+f)/2 + (a+dr+fs)/n + sin x - 1

This looks correct, but what is your variable fs??? Is that "failed sequels?"
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:09 am
Re: It follow the best horrorfilm:
Brandon9000 wrote:

This looks correct, but what is your variable fs??? Is that "failed sequels?"

No it is the film scenery .
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:41 am
I liked The Omen. It wasn't very scary but it was glorious. Also, there was a movie that came out called Warlock that I loved. Same kinda thing only the antichrist is born full-grown. I don't know if it qualifies as a horror film. Oh, and I agree with everyone who said Carrie. I love the sound it makes when Travolta bashes the pig on the head.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
It's tame and silly now and hardly rates a yawn, but 30 years ago in 1973 when it first came out, "The Exorcist" was the scariest thing people had ever seen. There were lots of people who came away from that movie with pale faces and weak legs-- there were a lot of people who rededicated themselves to Christianity because of "The Exorcist"- in many ways a similar reaction to that from the recent "Passion of Christ".
0 Replies

veni vidi vici

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 01:32 pm
I think the scariest film ever was by far 'The Wicker Man'. It wasn't gory or anything like that but it just had you screaming at the TV pleading with that copper to run whilst he could cuz you knew what was gonna happen! If i was him when they cornered me on the cliff edge i would've jumped just so they couldn't have the satisfaction of killing me!! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 01:47 pm
There's a warm (yee-ouch) place in my heart for "The Wicker Man". It was the movie my significant other & I went to on our first date. Very scary but seldom-seen movie.

There was a film with Michael Rennie and a very young George Hamilton called "The Power" that scared the death out of me as a child. A killer had the power of telekinesis and illusion. In one scene he killed a person by making them believe an elevator was there when it was really an empty shaft. For about 10 years afterward I couldn't step onto an elevator unless I tested the floor with my toe to be sure it wasn't an illusion.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 01:58 pm
Wow, equus. I don't remember that one, but I do remember The Wicker Man The star was someone who had a TV show for a while. Off to check it out.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:11 pm
Edward Woodward, who had a show for a bit called The Equalizer. Sheeeeze. I just found the location spots for the shooting of the Wicker Man. What a gruesome ending.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 01:40 am
Part two,but in another genre Smile
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 02:24 am
well, I can agree. The Wicker man and the Equalizer was also especially. Perhaps I can still remember other good horrorfilms..
0 Replies