Does carnivorism really corrupt the human body and psyche?

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 02:10 am
I believe one might thank the pig first of all . . . then Lord Olaf, God of Bacon . . .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 06:29 am
Ask the dentist.
timur

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:03 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
You mean the psychotic one?
Amoh5

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:24 am
Psychosis would be more relative to a carnivore, rather than a vegetarian...
Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:27 am
@Amoh5,
Oh please . . . you should get a job writing propaganda.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:55 am
@timur,
The ones who can distinguish name and explain the purpose between a kind of tooth and another.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 09:16 am
@Amoh5,
So pigs and butchers aren't part of Mother Earth?
Amoh5

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 09:20 am
@maxdancona,
I don't see them growing from out of the ground, but maybe they do?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 10:18 am
@Amoh5,
Pigs are made out of plants, and plants are made out of pigs. So if plants are part of mother Earth, I would think pigs would be too.
Amoh5

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 10:46 am
@maxdancona,
Is that just a rough guess, or a scientific guess?
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 07:38 pm
I think my comment about people(I mean mainly city living people not rural people) having to do their own meat kills etc is a valid comment because most people living in cities buy their meat off the shelf already cut and packed etc. A lot of people living city lives can't emotionally handle the gory process of killing a scared animal etc. etc. I know rural people wouldn't be so affected emotionally because its a somewhat normal aspect of rural life.
But the big question here is: Is it necessary?
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 07:56 am
I found some scientific information which enforces the theory that animal based foods or protein actually cause cancers or tumors. Its a video on youtube on a lecture by biochemist Dr T. Colin Campbell on the negative affects of animal protein...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsT-qYeqGM&itct=CCMQpDAYAyITCMT36a-rxcsCFbgSfgod7SsOUlIOQW5pbWFsIHByb3RlaW4%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NZ&hl=en
0 Replies

Briancrc

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:23 pm
http://theventurameatcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/Filet-Mignon.jpg
Amoh5

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:41 pm
@Briancrc,
A Professor in biochemical science has given you scientific evidence on the corruption of animal protein dopey.
Thats why I don't take what you guys (wannabe scientists) have to say seriously. "Where's the evidence" thats the dopey song I always hear from you guys. Go back to bed, I think you're dreaming...
Briancrc

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:49 am
@Amoh5,
You see a piece of red meat and you react like a bull seeing red Very Happy Take a chill pill, Amoh. I don't disagree that Western diets appear to be too heavily based in the consumption of red meat, and with too few green, leafy vegetables being consumed.
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:51 am
@Amoh5,
You really are an arrogant, insulting son of a bitch, and it's always because people don't agree with your whacky ideas.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 04:23 am
@Briancrc,
I'm always getting these rants from A2kers telling me how great science is, then when you show them their own Phd scientists who have done extensive research they start playing dumb, why is that? I just don't get it...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsT-qYeqGM&itct=CCMQpDAYAyITCMT36a-rxcsCFbgSfgod7SsOUlIOQW5pbWFsIHByb3RlaW4%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NZ&hl=en
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 04:55 am
Hey Amoh, you old manure spreader . . . what do you mean by corrupt? Could you perhaps explain exactly what you mean by corrupt the body and psyche? Because, you know, i'm having a really hard time understanding how it's any goddamned business of yours what i or anyone else eats, you know? I guess it's all part and parcel with the obsessive desire to run other people's lives that one so often finds among religious fanatics.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 06:46 pm
Breast Cancer, Cholesterol, and Reductionism
By T. Colin Campbell, PhD January 9, 2014· modified on December 10, 2015.
Extract from his website: http://nutritionstudies.org/t/cancer/
According to a journalist for the prestigious journal Science (November 29, 2013), “Cholesterol….when metabolized by the body…turns into a potent estrogen-like molecule that spurs the growth of breast cancer in mice, and perhaps in people. That’s the conclusion of…studies that shed new light on the link between obesity and cancer.” And this journalist goes on to quote a highly qualified scientist in Boston who says, “No one had thought of it before. It raises a new potential strategy.”
The writer refers to the findings of two research groups, one at Duke University School of Medicine 1, the other at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas 2.
I could not have hoped for a better illustration on how medical research goes so far astray! It beautifully illustrates the main theme in my new book, Whole(2013).
The pathway summarizing this new finding is shown in the chart (re-drawn as in Science). Mainly, it shows how high serum cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia) connects to breast cancer. Cholesterol is metabolized by an enzyme in the breast tissue, CYP27A1, to produce 27HC (27-dehydrocholesterol) which has estrogen-like activity and which enhances breast cancer growth in a Petri dish in the laboratory. They also found that elevated CYP27A1 enzyme activities in human breast cancer were associated with tumors that are more aggressive.
In short, high serum cholesterol levels, high CYP27A1 enzyme levels and more of the estrogen-like 27HC makes breast tumors more aggressive–something “no one had thought of before.” This is not quite true because it omits or sidelines highly related evidence that substantially changes their conclusion.
Our findings in rural China showed, more than 20 years ago, that high serum cholesterol levels were highly significantly associated with cancers as a group (including breast cancer) and, further, that breast cancer was associated with circulating estrogen activity. About 20-25 years before that, we were extensively researching the multi- variant, carcinogen-activating CYP27A1 enzyme (then known as the mixed function oxidase and were showing that it was highly responsive to increases in the consumption of casein (protein) and other nutritional factors.
High protein consumption quickly and substantially increased enzyme levels, and resulted in more cancer (published extensively in peer-reviewed papers from my group). In addition, some of my colleagues were showing high protein consumption, high estrogen levels and high breast cancer development in animal studies 9, 10. These studies, collectively, resulted in dozens if not hundreds of peer-reviewed research papers showing a prominent effect of animal-based protein feeding on this enzyme activity, on increasing serum cholesterol, on increasing circulating estrogen, on an impressive association with breast cancer occurrence as well as on various other dietary and metabolic events associated with breast cancer.
It was on this basis, that I, and several others, have known of the dietary-breast cancer linkage. A rough scheme of this linkage was presented in our book, The China Study(pp. 159-161). Our research especially supported the idea that increased consumption of animal based protein kicked this whole series of events into high gear, helping to explain how breast cancer is a diet driven (a high animal food-based diet) disease.
Although the summary scheme shown above acknowledges a detached dietary connection to breast cancer (but superficially revealing it as “diet-related obesity”– obesity is not a cause, it is an outcome!), they ignore it and point how it should be possible to develop a drug to block the CYP27A1 enzyme.
In this scenario, they focus on blocking a single enzyme activity embedded within a very complex network of metabolic events and enzyme-catalyzed reactions, a process that, if pursued, invites ‘unintended’ side effects. This allows people to continue using a diet which elevates serum cholesterol, elevates this enzyme activity, elevates the production of 27HC and elevates tumor growth—among countless other health impacts. But why not simply encourage people to change their diet and allow nature to control these events far more efficaciously, safely and cheaply—thus producing the desired effect without all the side effects?
This is an example of how medical research routinely works, focusing on one event at a time, buried within an immensely complex system. Developing single potentially dangerous, tissue-targeted drugs to block single pathways routinely sets aside control of the real culprit, diet. This strategy is so feeble, so ill-advised and so focused on creating wealth for the few over health for the many! Shameful!
I have one final question. Why has research on the relationship of diet with human wellness, especially a diet rich in whole plant-based foods 11been so neglected and ignored and even, at times, so reviled? I have seen many forms of this rejection for many years now, much of it first hand, and have learned that such reactions have existed for decades, even centuries before our time.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 12:25 am
I always did suspect when I was in my 30s, that it was a bit abnormal for humans to eat meat. Maybe it was all those free handout Hare Krishna books lying around the house. Especially the houses of druggy friends and enlightenment searching folks. Even the Rastafarians are supposed to be vegetarians.
But I never thought I'd find a scientific support for vegetarianism. It was always just a religious and druggy idea.
But from a civilised perspective, it didn't seem quite civilised with all the blood and gore, not to mention the frightened struggling expression of the animal being slaughted.
I'm not an animal lover, but I don't like to harm or inflict cruelty on an animal if its not threatening me. But I think this attitude for me would also apply to humans as well. However, I wouldn't rule out eating meat in an environment of scarcity and survival.
My family have always eaten and enjoyed meat especially roast pork and chicken. But only fish on the days of Lent because Mother is Catholic. No red meat allowed during Lent.
But these days I am a bit conscious of my health. Its not in perfect shape, but i think theres a bit of diesel left in me yet. It hasn't been easy to change to a vegetarian diet but I'm getting there.
Dr Campbell says that diary or milk products is not good either, but thats too hard for me to achieve at the moment.
I guess the scientific revealation of animal protein being bad would be an unhappy shock for any meat loving human. The taste is very addictive. But I suppose when our health starts dwindling we will think again...
0 Replies