BATMAN v. SUPERMAN: Dawn of OMFG?!

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 07:49 pm
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) is this year's first mega-anticipated blockbuster opening in the United States 25th March

Who's super psyched for this epic comicbook matchup?

Geeky questions include:
How will Ben Affleck handle the Batman role after Christian Bale's fan favorite take on the character?

Can the alleged one note actor, Jesse Eisenberg handle the iconic villain role of Lexington Luther?

Finally, can hit or miss director, Zach Snyder, pull out of a creative nose dive since his last film was the highly lambasted and overly gloomy Man of Steel (2013)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,515 • Replies: 18

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 07:22 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

this year's first mega-anticipated blockbuster opening in the United States

I meant this, right?

http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/deadpool/deadpool_ver9.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 07:43 am
@McGentrix,
Yeah. I did accidentally gloss over that unexpected comic book monster of a box office hit. My bad. Embarrassed
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:10 am
@tsarstepan,
Unfortunately I think this movie will be a huge letdown. Kind of like Star Wars Force Awakens.
engineer

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:24 am
@McGentrix,
Deadpool was awesome, but it's not for the whole family. I think BvS will blow the doors off the theater.
engineer

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:25 am
@engineer,
Here is a "deleted scene" you have to watch.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:33 am
@engineer,
I am really hoping so. I'd love to see an expanded DC universe in film.

I've heard that the success of Deadpool may result in a rated R release of BvS on blu-ray. They really cut a lot out to get the PG-13. That will be interesting.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:37 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Unfortunately I think this movie will be a huge letdown. Kind of like Star Wars Force Awakens.
[/b]

BOO! BOOOO!

I'm NOT saying BOO-URNS!

http://i66.tinypic.com/643uhv.gif
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 08:43 am
@engineer,
That is definitely worth watching.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 09:19 am
@engineer,
Ha, that was good. And probably better than the actual film will be Wink
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 07:18 am
Darkness, No Parents: The First Lego Batman Trailer Is Here
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2016 09:08 am
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 07:21 pm
@tsarstepan,

Uh oh, they're stealing jokes from the Lego Movie for the trailer. That's not a good sign.

I loved the batman character from The Lego movie. As a matter of fact I loved almost all the characters and the 10% of the jokes and movie references that I actually "got". A Lego Batman movie is a great idea, but it's another one where it's going to be very easy to miss the mark if they get the wrong writers or director. Fingers crossed.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 07:27 pm
@rosborne979,
Am I missing something here?? Maybe Im too old to give a soggy scrote hair about these superhero movies. For the most part they are absent a grownup plot and instead, appear to have been written by a bevy of 11 year olds.

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 02:13 am
@farmerman,
But that's a typical Hollywood movie nowadays, isn't it?

Independence Day did it for me. Utter dross with a few big names and the odd special effect.

Drunken crop duster fighter ace my arse.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 04:34 am
@Lordyaswas,
forgot that one. Yeh Indepenence Day was utter crap. Im not saying that certain "CGI centered movies" cant be good (Look at the way Creighton's book JUrassic Park gave us the "Jurassic Park Inc" movies that, within which , JP no.1 and no3 were good, and JP , IMHO, was great.

Ive passed most of these SUPERHERO movies(I did see Galaxy and The Martian and quite enjoyed them).
What as that Superhero Movie called, with Will Smith who played this dysfunctional Superhero with a bad drinking problem. That I liked

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 09:42 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Am I missing something here?? Maybe Im too old to give a soggy scrote hair about these superhero movies. For the most part they are absent a grownup plot and instead, appear to have been written by a bevy of 11 year olds.

The only thing you might be missing is that there are some gems amidst the dross. The Dark Knight and Iron Man are some of the best. If you don't like those you probably won't like any of them.

The other thing to recognize is that the Super Hero Movies were all born from the Comic Book world which surprisingly, is full of philosophical musings and exploration of the limits of the human condition (very thought provoking stuff). But when Hollywood gets ahold of them they tend to drop the philosophy and focus on the Good Guy beats up the Bad Guy formula which pays for itself in teenage testosterone foot traffic.

Some of the best Super Hero stories on film lately are actually happening on "TV" rather than the movie theaters. The Jessica Jones and Daredevil series are easily on par with the best of the movies and are generally much better than most of the big blockbuster films.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 09:45 am
Do any of you actually read comic books? Every movie so far has been lifted directly from the stories found within them. If you don't like comic books, your probably not going to enjoy the movies.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 09:49 am
@McGentrix,
I haven't read a comic book in decades, but I certainly did read them when I was younger.
0 Replies