Athens Olympic Opening ceremonies real performance ART

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:12 pm
Did you see it ? The sculpture that came apart to form the beginning of Greece and peoples quest for the unknown world of GODS and MIRACLES.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,552 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:36 am
I agree -- the emulation of paintings on a Grecian urn or marble sculpture was magnificent. The primitive sculpture of a face which broke apart was the art of marionette to the Nth degree and mind boggling. The high tech stuff was integrated flawlessly. My only comments would be that the torch looked something like a modernized cigarette lighter a la Brancusi.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:49 am
Hi LW, yes indeed. That original manequin was the same statue that I saw at Knossos that does not make sense in the history of Greek sculpture. It is here that started me toi realize that someone was here before and started with the Greeks giving us this divine DNA that has taken us on a wirlwind of a ride.Truely without a hitch. All thiose strings the whole execution of the opening was truely something. Makes these last few days of editting FoMworth all the effort thus far.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:58 am
It was truly spectaculor in hi def and I burned a DVD even if I'm losing most of the advantage in resolution. The fireworks were also beautifully coordinated and went with the flow of the show rather than tacked on. I did like the way the torch "bowed" to be fire up but for a moment was concerned the runner would be set afire!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:01 am
BBB
Has anyone heard if Greece is going to provide a film of the Olympic opening ceremony, especially the Greek history floats? If they do, I hope they provide longer views of the floats than were shown on TV. The floats were amazing.

BBB
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:30 pm
I'm so glad to read your responses. I was stareing, having trouble believing my eyes and holding my breath for fear of missing something. Such power. It is now the gold standard for opening ceremonies.
0 Replies