Defend to the best of your ability the opposite of your beliefs.

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 01:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I have only one reason why I don't believe in "god." There are too many of them.

Kind of like not believing in money because some is counterfeit.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 01:50 pm
@Leadfoot,
Your analogy stinks. Your opinion isn't even worth one penny.
BTW, all gods are counterfeit. Show me the money?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 05:56 am
@onevoice,
The proccess is organic and dialectic...the more you prove a wrong with very good arguments, good pillars, the best you can go to fight them...you start to intuit where to hit the hammer, what takes precedence, what comes after what...

...as for the side "God" topic, there is a bigger problem...first one must define the terms, what is that one means with such coinage, and how sincerly rational those terms are...done that I don't have a problem advocating for it...
onevoice

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 09:50 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
OK Fil. Just remember... You asked. Lol

Here's the terms: God healed 20+ year old scars I had from the abuse that happened when I was five or six years old. As of yet I have still found no scientific explanation as to how that could happen. If you can explain it though I would be more than happy to hear what you have to say about it.

I would like to share a story with you. I've shared this story before. This will be a shortened version from a different angle though. I would like, if I could, to touch you for just a moment with the emotional place I was in at the time this healing took place because I think it's important to understand that side too.

Imagine a young girl... Mid 20's. Introverted. Socially awkward. Unsure of pretty much everything and everyone in life, but still just trying her best to do the best she can with what she's got. Which really isn't much. Having just recently returned to this whole "Christianity" thing... For the third time at least... Just waiting and wondering when the rug will get pulled out from under me once again.

After a conversation with a friend it was suddenly brought to my attention that I never talked about my childhood. That was an eye opener. I had never even realized I didn't talk about my childhood because... Well... I never talked about it. Lol The problem was I didn't remember. I had a few, mostly bad memories but that was it.

I found this quite troubling, to be honest. Surely my entire childhood wasn't bad, was it? So I spent any spare moment I had... Into the wee hours of the morning sometimes, for two weeks trying desperately to remember something... Anything... My God please... I existed back then... So surely there is something... Why are there no memories?

After about two weeks I had finally realized that the lack of memory was probably in direct relation to the few memories I did have. Which involved the initiation of the abuse. So, lying there in my bed that night, feeling lost, confused, and alone I did the only thing I had left that I could do if I wanted to move forward with my life. I chose to forgive that man.

Despite not even remembering completely what he had done to me. I just wanted to be free from the things that haunted me that I couldn't even see. I honestly had NO clue as to the depth of it all. The absolute anguish I had been carrying inside of me for so long without even realizing it. When the entire reality of the truth of what he had done hit me I came undone. Completely undone.

My God. He raped me. That bastard raped a five or six year old girl. Man... The absolute rage I was carrying inside. The hurt. The fear. It was a two and a half hour heart, mind, body, and soul wrenching experience. I don't think I have ever cried any harder than I did that night. And at the end of it all, finally making peace with myself and God concerning that thing, as I lay there completely exhausted I finally began to drift off to sleep.

It was then that He healed me. In that moment where all that was within me was finally quiet and no longer raging for a moment. I hadn't even asked, because at that point physical healing was way beyond my scope of believing or hoping for. Let alone scars... Come on, really? No flippin way.

So, is it rational to believe God is the one who healed my scars? No doctors, or scientists could have done that. I had no way to make them go away, and wouldn't have even if I could have. Simply because the scars were just part of the whole "damaged goods" package I was at the time.

Let me tell ya, even after six years of completely moronic behavior in an attempt to just get away from it all... God. Religion. People. Myself. I could never get away from that one thing, because it actually happened TO ME. There's just no way to deny that.

0 Replies

MadiMoor

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 02:14 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Hi Smile
I'm trying to write about groups that typically get a bad rep in mainstream culture (like the KKK and other white supremacy groups) and was wondering if you'd be willing to chat? I know it's kinda a strange request, but it's nothing super negative or anti-KKK--Just want to get some different opinions and viewpoints. If you'd be willing to chat for a tiny bit that'd be awesome. I'm super friendly and am just looking for more diverse opinions than what is commonly presented.
Best,
Madi
0 Replies

MadiMoor

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 02:38 pm
Hi Smile
I'm trying to write about groups that typically get a bad rep in mainstream culture (like the KKK and other white supremacy groups) and was wondering if you'd be willing to chat? I know it's kinda a strange request, but it's nothing super negative or anti-KKK--Just want to get some different opinions and viewpoints. If you'd be willing to chat for a tiny bit that'd be awesome. I'm just looking for more diverse opinions than what is commonly presented.
Best,
Madi
0 Replies