FILM NOIR lines

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:49 pm
Edit: Moderator: Moved from Art to Film

You've seen these movies. JL Nobody(in the plein air thread) reminded me of the lines like
"There she was , with legs that reached from the floor up to her pretty neck"

or

"She entered the room, wearing a tight cashmere sweater that looked like she was carrying two little puppies in her arms'"

something like that.
ANY lines that you can remember from old time movies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,421 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 12:05 pm
She was one of those fair-haired, California dames, with more curves than the Santa Monica Freeway.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 12:55 pm
From Murder My Sweet, Philip Marlowe (Not quite so attractive. (lol):

She was a charming middle-aged lady with a face like a bucket of mud. I gave her a drink. She was a gal who'd take a drink, if she had to knock you down to get the bottle.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 01:21 pm
From the musical satire on Hollywood and Film Noir, "City of Angels."

Los Angeles is like a beautiful lady...with the clap.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 04:14 pm
Al Roberts: Money. You know what that is, the stuff you never have enough of. Little green things with George Washington's picture that men slave for, commit crimes for, die for. It's the stuff that has caused more trouble in the world than anything else we ever invented, simply because there's too little of it.

Al Roberts: Ever done any hitchhiking? It's not much fun, believe me. Oh yeah, I know all about how it's an education, and how you get to meet a lot of people, and all that. But me, from now on I'll take my education in college, or in PS-62, or I'll send $1.98 in stamps for ten easy lessons.

Vera: If you act wise, well, mister, you'll pop into jail so fast it'll give you the bends!

Vera: I'd hate to see a fellow as young as you wind up sniffin' that perfume Arizona hands out free to murderers!

Vera: Do I rate a whistle?

Vera: Stop makin' noises like a husband.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:05 pm
hee hee hee.
ive got nothin but Imcertain that these old lines gotta be collected in some
anthology somewhere
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:10 pm
From "A Shadow of a Doubt"

Joseph Newton: We're not talking about killing people. Herb's talking about killing me and I'm talking about killing him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncle Charlie: The cities are full of women, middle-aged widows, husbands, dead, husbands who've spent their lives making fortunes, working and working. And then they die and leave their money to their wives, their silly wives. And what do the wives do, these useless women? You see them in the hotels, the best hotels, every day by the thousands, drinking the money, eating the money, losing the money at bridge, playing all day and all night, smelling of money, proud of their jewelry but of nothing else, horrible, faded, fat, greedy women... Are they human or are they fat, wheezing animals, hmm? And what happens to animals when they get too fat and too old?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:13 pm
From "Shadow of a Doubt" (I've got to watch this movie again just for all the great lines in it)

Young Charlie: Go away, I'm warning you. Go away or I'll kill you myself. See... that's the way I feel about you.

Met some people on here I want to use this one on Twisted Evil
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:27 pm
Great stuff
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:28 pm
From Maltese Falcon
Sam Spade: All we've got is that maybe you love me and maybe I love you.
Brigid O'Shaughnessy: You know whether you love me or not.
Sam Spade: Maybe I do. I'll have some rotten nights after I've sent you over, but that'll pass.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 05:32 pm
I AM big...it's the pictures that got small.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:12 pm
John Voigt as a sergeant talking to his platoon
"Why youd have to get three promotions to make moron
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:28 pm
good un

From Sweet Smell of Success

PO'd at some wise guy: Sidney Falco: "Maybe I left my sense of humor in my other suit."
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:39 pm
From Double Indemnity:

Barton Keyes: It's not like taking a trolley ride together where they can get off at different stops. They're stuck with each other and they've got to ride all the way to the end of the line and it's a one-way trip and the last stop is the cemetery. Razz Drunk
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:42 pm
good un
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:51 pm
Not film noir, but from "Pat and Mike":

Tracy about Hepburn:

Not much meat on her, but what's there is cherce.

and
You see her face? A real honest face. Only disgusting thing about her.
0 Replies