Jesus was crucified in summer and not in spring

neologist

Thu 10 Mar, 2016 02:02 pm
@Setanta,
Pilate certainly seemed to be of the same disposition as described by the Bible writers.
Additionally, although he was quartered in Caesarea, he customarily traveled with troops to Jerusalem to keep order during festivals such as the Passover.
Since Jesus had been accused of sedition, I see no reason why Pilate would not have eagerly acted to cover his behind.
peacecrusader888

Thu 10 Mar, 2016 09:15 pm
Kedron Brook

I have finished in 2003 the checking of the revelation of the spirit of Ama if it is correct. I have presented the first three. The fourth is about Kedron Brook found ten years later in 2013.

Kedron in the King James Version of the Holy Bible is spelled as "Cedron" (John 18:1) and as "Kidron" (2 Samuel 15:23; 1 Kings 2:37). The Kedron Brook separates the eastern side of the city of Jerusalem with the Mount of Olives and the wilderness. During the rainy seasom from October to April, the stream of Kedron Valley becomes a torrent that it is dangerous to cross lest one maybe swept away and face certain death. When Jesus crossed the Kedron Valley from the city to Bethany, Mount of Olives, and Garden of Gethsemane, and back, it was summer.

Here is the rainfall in mm every month of the year of Jerusalem:
January - 142.2
February - 114.3
March - 99.1
April - 30.5
May - 2.5
June - 0
July - 0
August - 0
September - 0
October - 22.9
November - 68.8
December - 109.2

Source: The Weather Channel
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 11 Mar, 2016 01:50 am
@neologist,
Yeah, if you read enough of that christian bullsh*t, i can see why you'd think that way. Far from advocating rebellion, your boy Jeebus is described as saying that his kingdom is not of this earth, and that one should render unto Caesar, etc. You must be smoking something if you think anyone would consider a shabby, itinerant preacher a threat to the Empire. Then, once again, you have the problem that Pilate had no authority to try and execute anyone. You have started with a conclusion and now you're attempting to justify it.
neologist

Fri 11 Mar, 2016 12:55 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, if you read enough of that christian bullsh*t, i can see why you'd think that way. Far from advocating rebellion, your boy Jeebus is described as saying that his kingdom is not of this earth, and that one should render unto Caesar, etc. You must be smoking something if you think anyone would consider a shabby, itinerant preacher a threat to the Empire. Then, once again, you have the problem that Pilate had no authority to try and execute anyone. You have started with a conclusion and now you're attempting to justify it.
Well, now.
Like you, Pilate, a reasonable man, saw no threat in Jesus.
But the pharisees hated Jesus. No wonder, if you consider how he referred to them publicly. Consider Matthew 23:14
Quote:
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
The religious elite feared he would upset their control over the common folks, whom they referred to as amharets, or 'dirt people', but upon whom they relied to maintain their power.
Setanta

Fri 11 Mar, 2016 04:42 pm
@neologist,
Pharisees? Religious elite? As i sad in the post you quoted you are deluded by christian propaganda. From the Jewish Virtual Library:

Quote:
The Pharisees also maintained that an after-life existed and that God punished the wicked and rewarded the righteous in the world to come. They also believed in a messiah who would herald an era of world peace.

Pharisees were in a sense blue-collar Jews who adhered to the tenets developed after the destruction of the Temple; that is, such things as individual prayer and assembly in synagogues.

I added the emphasis there. Lower done on that page, the Pharisees are listed as the common people. I'll take the word of the Jewish Virtual Library over yours, especially as, as i've noted more than once, you start with conclusion you wish to reach, and then scramble around attempting to support it.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Fri 11 Mar, 2016 09:56 pm
Three Sabbaths

Saint Paul, aka Saul of Tarsus, came to Thessalonica, north of Athens, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. Acts 17:2 states: "And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scripture."

In the study that I made about the crucifixion of Jesus from 1999 to 2003 mainly using the Holy Bible, I found that there were three Sabbaths between the crucifixion and resurrection. They were:
3760 Av 30, 1 BC 08-17, Thursday, crucifixion of Jesus
3760 Elul 1, 1 BC 08-18, Friday, high Sabbath (John 19:31), first day of Jesus in the sepulcher
3760 Elul 2, 1 BC 08-19, Saturday, regular weekly Sabbath, second day of Jesus in the sepulcher
3760 Elul 3, 1 BC 08-20, Sunday, Sabbath of the followers of Jesus, third day of Jesus in the sepulcher
3760 Elul 4, 1 BC 08-21, Monday, resurrection of Jesus

The spirit of Ama said that Jesus was crucified and died on 08-17. I found that this is correct. I found that Saint Paul in Acts 17:2 was referring to these three Sabbath days.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 10:52 pm
Fishing of Peter and others

In 2014, I found John 21:7 which states, "Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea."

This happened at the Sea of Tiberias (or Sea of Galilee or Yam Kinneret), between resurrection and ascension of Jesus, at about 6 AM. It means, before the 40th day since His crucifixion.

If it was spring, do you think Simon Peter would be naked and "did cast himself into the sea"? The air and water temperature must still be cold then. But since it was summer, he could be naked and the water warm even in the early morning hours.

The spirit of Ama revealed that Jesus was crucified and died on 08-17, a summer day. This is the evidence that I got in 2014 from the Holy Bible that crucifixion really happened in summer rather than in spring. Ama is therefore correct in His revelation.
neologist

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 11:06 pm
@peacecrusader888,
You write with such certainty.
How do you reckon the date of the Passover?
I have always thought it to be 14 days from the new moon closest to the vernal equinox.
Is this correct?
glitterbag

Sat 12 Mar, 2016 11:13 pm
You can't have Easter in mid-August, all the chocolate eggs would melt. I think the creator planned much better than that.
peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:47 am
@neologist,
During the time of Jesus, the Jews were using two calendars: a religious purely lunar calendar and a civil lunisolar calendar which starts on Tishri 1. The religious calendar has Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the Feast of the Dedication, the fast, and the weekly Saturday Sabbath. The civil calendar has New Year's Day (Rosh Hashanah), Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) and the Feast of Tabernacles/Ingathering/Shelters (Sukkoth).

I developed the Aristean Cycle where the first month of the purely lunar calendar falls on the lunisolar calendar. And the 14th day of the first month of the purely lunar calendar is Passover. The Romans fixed Passover in the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. The Jews, under Hillel II, reformed their calendars in 358/359 AD in what it is today.
farmerman

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 04:21 am
@glitterbag,
peeps would just dry up and turn to crunchy styrofoam candies
neologist

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:35 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
. . . I developed the Aristean Cycle where the first month of the purely lunar calendar falls on the lunisolar calendar. And the 14th day of the first month of the purely lunar calendar is Passover. . . .
Are you claiming to be Aristeo Canlas Fernando?
You have an interesting calendar theory.
Nevertheless, the Jews celebrated the Passover according to the lunar calendar where the date was determined by the vernal equinox. No sashay can dance around the fact that the correct date for Passover in 2016 is March 23.

The problem you have with the fig tree illustration is because you have not considered early figs.
glitterbag

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 03:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

peeps would just dry up and turn to crunchy styrofoam candies

Yeah, I really don't like the peeps but it would kill me if my chocolate eggs melted. (Thanks for paying attention)
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 05:25 pm
@neologist,
I am Aristeo Canlas Fernando, peace crusader and echo of the Holy Spirit.

You know how we can have peace in this world? Through Jesus Christ, whose number is 888.

I say that during the time of Jesus, the Jews were using two types of calendars. The Jews, under Hillel II, reformed their calendars in 358/359 AD to what it is today.

You are talking about the breva crop. What did Jesus see in the fig tree? Mark 11:13 states: "And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find anything thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet." When does a fig tree bear many leaves?

cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:02 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Look up wiki on "christianity and violence."
Don't make such stupid claims. Religions, including christianity, have been responsible for the death of millions.
neologist

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I know 888 is a master of obfuscate.
But, I have no idea how your post relates to his.
Could you bring me up to date on this?
neologist

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 06:55 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
. . . I say that during the time of Jesus, the Jews were using two types of calendars. . .
True. But that does not change the time of the Passover - 14 days after the new moon closest to the spring equinox.
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 07:04 pm
@neologist,
I don't either. I'm sort of a straight to the point kind of guy. 888 has no meaning for me, and I don't even want to put in the effort to learn.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 08:34 pm
@neologist,
The number of Jesus is 888. The name of Jesus in Greek is spelled Iota, Eta, Sigma, Omicron, Upsilon, Sigma. The Greeks used the Ionic Greek Ciphered Numeral System wherein every letter has an equivalent value.
Iota = 10
Eta = 8
Sigma = 200
Omicron = 70
Upsilon = 400
Sigma = 200
Adding up the value equals 888.
To read more, go to http://aristean.org/jesus888.htm .
neologist

Sun 13 Mar, 2016 11:59 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Any numeric value you assign to Jesus' name is insignificant when compared to the meaning of his name. "Jehovah's Salvation".

I avoid offsite links, sorry. State your case here.
0 Replies