Jesus was crucified in summer and not in spring

peacecrusader888

Sun 6 Mar, 2016 09:26 pm
The Donkey (Section 1 of 4)

I discovered the donkey in 2012, nine years after I finished the proof that the spirit of Ama revealed that Jesus Christ was crucified and died on 08-17, mainly using the Holy Bible.

Christians celebrate Palm Sunday or "Domingo de Ramos" to signify the triumphant entry of Jesus to Jerusalem. Jesus road on a donkey (or an ass) from Mount of Olives up to the gate of the city, and on the colt, the male foal of the donkey, from then on up to the Temple (page 68, Pasiong Mahal). This fulfils the prophecy of Zechariah 9;9, to wit: "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy king cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass."

Jesus said to His two disciples in Matthew 21:2: "Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me."
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 12:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Jesus was a cruciferous being.
And I injured my anterior cruciate ligament.
But few people realize that Jesus was nailed to a stake, not a cross.
Setanta

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 01:20 am
@neologist,
You just make sh*t up as you go along.
neologist

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 11:04 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You just make sh*t up as you go along.
Smarter folks than me, actually.
The implement of Jesus' execution, stauros (σταυρός) is a Greek word meaning upright pole, or stake. It was not represented as having a crossbeam until the fourth century.

http://www.lifespurpose.net/Chap4/Cruxsimplex_WEB.jpg
edgarblythe

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 12:52 pm
@neologist,
That would certainly kill the humor in the joke, "Cross your legs. We've only got three nails."
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 03:50 pm
@neologist,
You don't even have any historical evidence that he existed, much less that he was executed by that or any other means. That's because those clowns who wrote your book of holy fairy tales made sh*t up as they went along, and you've taken a page from their playbook. Pilate was not a procurator--he did not govern a senatorial province, he was a prefect in charge of the sub-province of Iudaea, and his only duty was to guard the trade routes to the Mediterranean, which did not include Jerusalem. His administrative center was at Caesarea Maritima on the sea; a dedicatory inscription has been found there which confirms that he was a prefect. He answered to the Legate of Syria--there was no procurator for that province, because it was a frontier province, and therefore was governed by a military man, the Legate.

As a prefect, Pilate had no authority to try or execute anyone. Even procurators did not have judicial powers until the reign of Claudius, after 50 CE. If he had wished to do so, he'd have been obliged to send his proposed victim off to the Legate, along with any witnesses and evidence he possessed. It is absurd to suggest that Pilate would have sent a pack of unwashed, stinking provincial religious fanatics off to the Legate for trial on the evidence of some priests from pathetic little temple of a people who constantly made trouble for imperial officials. Pompey had occupied the temple and used it as a stable just to let the Jews know who was master. The office of high priest was in the gift of the Prefect from a short list provided by the temple. Ciaphas had zero authority with Pilate. The entire story is preposterous.

The completely unwarranted confidence with which you peddle your fairy story is a measure of your delusion.
Foofie

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 05:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You don't even have any historical evidence that he existed, much less that he was executed by that or any other means.

You sound angry? Regardless, I thought Easter was a god of fertility that allowed the church to overlay a Christian meaning to a pagan holiday, to appease the newly converted pagans. You say that things were made up as they went along; however, it was done for purposes of marketing the religion and more importantly to divorce it from Judaism and make the pagans comfortable with losing their pantheon of pagan gods. Nothing worse than a pagan that needs a westerners answer to spiritual questions, and has to adopt the thinking of those Hebrews that once were considered odd fellows for believing in one invisible god. In criticizing Christianity you need to take it in context of Christianity was a Jewish religion with a new focus. I think you are too hard on a bunch of ex-pagans that were cast asunder from their old faith. You expected better?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 06:17 pm
@Setanta,
I believe as you do that this character Jesus never existed. But, I must relate to you the reality that in Jerusalem, there is a path by which Jesus walked with his cross to calvary. There is a plaque at each point where he supposedly stopped to rest. The church where he was crucified and entombed.
There's even a slab of stone where he was anointed. Christians come from all around the world to see this place for themselves. Even in Bethlehem, there is a spot, now inside a church, where Jesus was supposedly born. Many go there to kiss the spot and pray on the ground. The West Wall is full of Jewish worshipers who go to touch the wall and pray. It's powerful stuff for the believers. I have visited there a couple of times.
Setanta

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 06:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No doubt, the story is powerful to them, too. But that's what it is, a story. Every Catholic church has images of fourteen "stations of the cross," to each of which is appended a particular prayer. But it's a story, and there is no evidence that it ever happened. Dragging Pilate into their silly fairy story is just a case of aggrandizing their "savior." I don't say that this joker did not exist, just that there is no historical evidence for the whole dog and pony show. If any such Yeshuah did exist, and was executed by the Jewish authorities, it was very likely a squalid affair. If the real story were known, it wouldn't be the path to glory that self-interested church authorities make it out to be. The important thing is, whether nor not such a joker ever existed, billions believe and have believed the story. But, once again, it's a story, and a highly improbable story. That's why i get disgusted when someone like Newologist comes along and attempts to speak authoritatively as though it were all true beyond doubt.
peacecrusader888

Mon 7 Mar, 2016 10:15 pm
The Donkey (Part 2 of 4)

From the website of Carl and Sybil Sewell at http://www.albertadonkeyandmule.com/foaling-out-the-jennet.pdf, who have bred and raised donkeys for almost thirty years, of Windy Ridge Farm, Leslieville, Alberta, Canada, it says: "Spring is almost here and with the change of seasons comes foaling time for equine breeders ... Considering both the jennet's welfare and the donkey life span of 30-50 years, breeding every second year is a viable alternative that allows for foals to always be born early in the spring- May-June - when they can best benefit from the excellent spring grass."

The website continues: "The donkey has a thick, fluffy coat which gives the appearance of warmth and hardiness compared to the horse foal, but such is not the case. Donkey foals are not very hardy and require shelter especially for the first two to four weeks of life. If a foal becomes soaked with rain he may easily become chilled only to contract bronchitis or pneumonia which are often fatal."
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 8 Mar, 2016 01:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No doubt, the story is powerful to them, too. But that's what it is, a story. Every Catholic church has images of fourteen "stations of the cross," to each of which is appended a particular prayer. But it's a story, and there is no evidence that it ever happened. Dragging Pilate into their silly fairy story is just a case of aggrandizing their "savior." I don't say that this joker did not exist, just that there is no historical evidence for the whole dog and pony show. If any such Yeshuah did exist, and was executed by the Jewish authorities, it was very likely a squalid affair. If the real story were known, it wouldn't be the path to glory that self-interested church authorities make it out to be. The important thing is, whether nor not such a joker ever existed, billions believe and have believed the story. But, once again, it's a story, and a highly improbable story. That's why i get disgusted when someone like Newologist comes along and attempts to speak authoritatively as though it were all true beyond doubt.

First you say it's a "story"; however, you would like to point out the "Jewish authorities" had him executed. No involvement with Romans that used crucifixion as their mode of execution?
In my opinion, you do not care that the entire "story" is just the fait accompli to steal a Jewish sect's faith, and regift it to the Gentiles that were realizing a pantheon of gods is just plum silly. Perhaps, you should not be angry at the "story," but lament the centuries of Gentiles that raised children with the story as having a preposterous end: the possibility of everlasting life in Heaven.
Try lamenting, rather than angering. It is healthier, especially at your age.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 8 Mar, 2016 02:29 pm
@Setanta,
I was merely commenting on the use of a cross in christian imagery and had no intention to inspire lengthy discussion, since the subject was not relevant to the OP.

However, when it comes to Pilate:

Since Josephus identifies him as a procurator, I'll go with that until I see your contradictory evidence.
peacecrusader888

Wed 9 Mar, 2016 12:13 am
The Donkey (Part 3 of 4)

It means that Passover when Jesus was crucified was not during spring or in the month of Nisan because the foal was just born and a person like Jesus cannot ride on a newborn foal.

If the foal was born in spring, three months later, in the month of Av or in August, then the foal could be weaned from its mother and big enough to carry Jesus.

If the foal was born in winter, say December, then it would be cold and rainy and may become soaked with rain and may become chilled and die from contracting bronchitis or pneumonia. In addition, there is no tender grass to feed on.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 9 Mar, 2016 12:40 am
Well you could all save yourselves a lot of trouble by just submitting a FOIA request to the appropriate jurisdictions. Then your'll have the definitive word. One caution, however, most organizations don't have nearly the number of researchers they need to research the FOIA requests, so try to be patient. They will get to it, they just have a backlog.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 9 Mar, 2016 03:55 am
@neologist,
Jeeze, what a dope. Leaving aside how unreliable texts of Flavius Josephus are since Christians got their hands on them, the title prefect is literally carved in stone.

Historical Notes: Pontius Pilate: a name set in stone

The Israelis dug up the "Pilate stone" in 1961. For someone who pretends to be knowlegable, it is pathetic that you don't know this.
neologist

Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:21 pm
@Setanta,
Thanks for the link.

I knew of the stone but never stopped to consider prefect, procurator, etc.

Yet I have no doubt that regardless of his titular responsibilities, Pilate was in a position to exercise the authority he weilded in Jesus' case. I certainly do not believe he acted in deference to Caiphus. His decision was based on the fear of being thought tolerant of seditionists.
Setanta

Wed 9 Mar, 2016 05:27 pm
@neologist,
Of course you have no such doubts--you start with a belief, and then examine, very selectively, evidence to prop up what you've already decided to believe. Pilate had no judicial powers, and at that time, procurators had no judicial powers. I've already mentioned all of this--the Pilate stone, the powers of a prefect, when procurators were given judicial powers (after 50 CE). Obviously, you have either not read what i have posted, or have not taken it in. You only see what you want to see. Profound ignorance abetted by doctrinally-induced blindness--what a perfect formula for the blind faith believer!
neologist

Wed 9 Mar, 2016 07:18 pm
@Setanta,
Pilate was of a particularly contentious disposition, having no respect for the Jews
Quote:
"Moreover, I have it in my power to relate one act of ambition on his part, though I suffered an infinite number of evils when he was alive; but nevertheless the truth is considered dear, and much to be honoured by you. Pilate was one of the emperor's lieutenants, having been appointed governor of Judaea. He, not more with the object of doing honour to Tiberius than with that of vexing the multitude, dedicated some gilt shields in the palace of Herod, in the holy city; which had no form nor any other forbidden thing represented on them except some necessary inscription, which mentioned these two facts, the name of the person who had placed them there, and the person in whose honour they were so placed there." (Philo: The Embassy to Gaius, XXXVIII, 299) Emphasis mine
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 10 Mar, 2016 03:36 am
Which is supposed to have what to do with your Jeebus fantasies?
peacecrusader888

Thu 10 Mar, 2016 07:02 am
The Donkey (Part 4 of 4)

Did you know that the donkey has a cross on its back? Please check images of donkeys in Wikipedia.

"With the rise of Christianity, some believers came to see the cross-shaped markings present on donkeys' backs and shoulders as a symbol of the animal's bearing Jesus into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday." (Wikipedia)
0 Replies