how do i go to australia?

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:54 pm
can somebody help me?do you know how to go to australia if you are in europe?do i need a visa?and what visa should i get?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,859 • Replies: 16
No top replies

smog

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:59 pm
I've never been to Australia, so I don't know the exact things that need to be done, but this site might help: http://syd.australia.com/ProcessSplashResults.aust?C=US&L=en

(I'm sure that there are a good number of people on this forum who can help you much more than I ever could.)

Are you moving to Australia or taking a vacation there?
0 Replies

karenrose

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:14 pm
thanks smog
thanks for the reply smog.i just really need help.i want to visit somebody there.i just dont know how
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:49 pm
Welcome karenrose. If you are only coming to visit for a short period then it's quite easy. The airline should be able to make the arangements for you when you book your ticket.

Australian Department of Immigration.

That link is to the page about visitors visas and such. Should tell you everything you need to know.
0 Replies

karenrose

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 11:07 pm
what do i need?
hi adrian!thanks for the reply.do i need to get a visa if i want to go there?im here in denmark right now.and im also new here.i just arrived last june of this year so i dont know how things works here.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 11:41 pm
All the info you need is in the link I gave you.

Yes you will need a visa. They are not hard to get as long as you're not a criminal or anything.

If you want the absolute easiest way then go and visit the embassy.

Australian Embassy, Denmark.
Address
Dampfaergevej 26, 2nd floor
Copenhagen DK-2100
Denmark

Telephone
45 7026 3676

Fax
45 7026 3686

They can talk you through the application process.

PLEASE NOTE: Your application WILL NOT be successful unless you have a residential address in Denmark.
0 Replies

karenrose

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:06 am
hi adrian!
i really appreciate your hep.you made my day more meaningful.thanks a lot.btw where is your exact location in sydney?coz i want to go to sydney.i think i need an address where i can stay there.its one of the requirements in applying for tourist visa.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:15 am
I think you are confusing yourself karenrose. You need an address in DENMARK to get a visa, not in Australia.
0 Replies

karenrose

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:19 am
no
no im not confusing myself adrian.i was just asking if i need an address there for application?
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:46 pm
No you don't need an address in Australia in order to visit.

You need to provide a residential address in Denmark when you apply for a visa. Without that they WILL NOT process it.
0 Replies

Nickoli88

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:24 am
I had a friend who went there. He said it cost him almost $5000 just for airfare from the US. Is this expected? Also, does anyone know who this guy is on this page? They're talking about him in the reference forum on the "does any1 know who this guy is" forum. Snobby Kids
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:27 am
$5000 sounds like a business class airfare. I'm sure you could get cheaper than that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:33 am
Go east to the China Sea, and make a sharp right . . .
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:55 am
Setanta wrote:
Go east to the China Sea, and make a sharp right . . .

That's the best description for the asker :wink:
0 Replies

melbournian cheese

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:13 am
Hmm...getting to Australia.... last time I checked you were meant to get on a plane and wait a while. And, if your lucky, you'll end up in Australia. If that doesn't work the first time, keep getting on random planes until you get to New Zealand, then you can just go directly to Australia without even needing a visa!!!!!!!

sorry I have nothing to contribute to this thread
0 Replies

pinoyau

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:02 am
AUSTRALIAN VISA
Go to http://www.denmark.embassy.gov.au/visas/

and you will find out everything you need to know
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 06:21 am
welcome to A2K pinoyau Very Happy
0 Replies