healthy food

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:36 pm
If we really come to think about the ideal food we should have in our main three meals time , what it would be?!

( note to all : plz, check up my grammar and style )
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,000 • Replies: 8
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 12:49 pm
That's a bit hard to answer, because we are omnivores, as humans. There are certain things our body needs, full proteins, vegetables, fibre, a small amount of fat, not too much. It also depends on lifestyle and personal health. Different diets for different people. There is no such thing as an ideal food. If you want to get more specific, I would be happy to answer further.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:18 pm
Cav, since you are expert here Wink I was thinking lately about macrobiotic diet, what do you think about it?
And what would you, of course in your own opinion, choose between macrobiotic and kind of diet I am using now - eating everything except "meat in direct meaning" (e.g. I don't eat chicken, but I eat chicken soup - I do eat fish though).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:30 pm
Well, I think philosophically it's a bit hypocritacal to not eat chicken, but eat chicken soup, as an example. The soup is made from the discarded carcasses of the animal, flesh removed, but bones intact, and organs, heads, feet....Laughing I suppose if you are okay with that, it's fine by me. Personally, I prefer a balanced diet, including meat, in small portions, lots of fresh vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains and pulses, and eating small portions more often during the day, 5-6 servings, rather than three big meals. The important thing is variety, and getting your nutritional needs. The macrobiotic diet can work, but it's a tough road, not right for everyone.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:37 pm
well I see your point, but it's not hypocritacal because I am not avoiding eating chicken because of "higher moral reasons", I just feel like it Wink
Hey, that was your 16000th post, congratulations Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 01:43 pm
Wow, I didn't even notice. Thanks for the heads up! Bah, eat what you feel like. Your body will tell you what you need.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:04 pm
My friend Ted Nugent likes to harp on the beneficial aspects of eating what you harvest. Whether from your garden or from the forest, your diet will improve and you won't be subjected to all those chemicals and steroids fed to animals.

I wish I had the time and place to hunt for my own protein. But I do have a garden, though about to lose it forever to development (lot was sold), and we have grown a great deal of our vegetables over the years. I think it's healthy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:40 pm
The only intake item (I'm not using the word food as it's not a solid) that really is required is water.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:41 pm
This looks pretty healthy:

http://stephenville.tamu.edu/~butler/foragesoftexas/wildlife/images/whitetail.jpg
0 Replies