Finny aint goin down easy. It's a cover-up, I tellya!

layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 09:03 am
@layman,
Quote:
“I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics or in anything else. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to Heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all.” (Thomas Jefferson)
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 09:06 am
@layman,
still up eh?
layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 09:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

still up eh?

Yeah, Farmer. Truth be told, I'm up virtually 24/7, plottin ways to undermine them donut-eatin pigs, ya know?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 09:13 am
@layman,
Quote:
What grade of school are you in?

Whichever one it is, it's a couple of levels above yours, Hawkeye. I don't use sock accounts. Why do you?
layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 09:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I don't use sock accounts.

You might save yourself some embarrassment if you did. Nobody would know it was you.
layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 09:41 am
@layman,
So, anyway, Farmer, there, ya never answered the question, eh? Ya gunna?
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 10:45 am
@layman,
Quote:
I'm up virtually 24/7, plottin ways to undermine them donut-eatin pigs, ya know?

nope, I dont.
That answer it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 10:50 am
@layman,
Quote:

But let's assume it was a felonious assault by pick-up, as you claim. Now what? Would that justify shooting him dead as soon as he got out of the truck, or while he was still in it after coming to a stop?
So we can kill someone with a truck and then we would honor him?
He was apparently not shot (At least what I saw) until he loqwered his arms and seemed to go for something. He was in a "target rich wenvironment"

Im afraid of all clowns but not most cops.
layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 11:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

But let's assume it was a felonious assault by pick-up, as you claim. Now what? Would that justify shooting him dead as soon as he got out of the truck, or while he was still in it after coming to a stop?

Is that a "yeah, you're entitled to smoke the guy?"
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 11:24 am
@layman,
na na , me first.
layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 11:29 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

He was apparently not shot (At least what I saw) until he loqwered his arms and seemed to go for something.

Well, that's a whole other question than the "vehicular assault" issue you raised, but, since you brought it up...."apparently...from what I saw...seemed..."
Well, maybe you weren't lookin, eh? But, that aside, are you SURE of anything you said there? How many shots were fired, and how many hit Finny, in your assessment? Would it help if you knew the FBI initially claimed that 3 shots were fired?

If you're honest you didn't see much. No one can, from that video. However if you want to be TOLD what you saw, you can always listen to the FBI narration.

Last night, from what I saw (which was nuthin, it was dark) there wasn't a rat in my kitchen. I did, however, hear the rat trap go off, and found a dead rat in it later. But I never saw it, see what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 11:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

na na , me first.

Heh, what's that supposed to mean? Do you EVER answer a question after raising it yourself?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 11:30 am
@McGentrix,
Wise man.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 11:46 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Apart from being evasive, Farmer, this "response" now further assumes that someone was KILLED with a truck. We know that didn't happen. No one was even slightly injured.

And somehow, you've turned not blowin a guy away into "honoring" his ass.

What's up with that?

Do you want to alter the facts, and change the question, in order to reach your desired conclusion ("the guy deserved to be killed"), that it?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 12:35 pm
@farmerman,
Here's another question (another which you probably won't answer) for ya, eh, Farmer. You strike me as a "law and order" kinda guy. But here's my question:

Suppose you were told by a cop to stop and put your hands in the air.

Suppose you did exactly that.

Now suppose he shoots you, but doesn't kill you.

Under those circumstances, do you think you have the right, as a citizen and a human being, to duck behind a tree, haul out your heat, and smoke the guy before he shoots you again?

Would that be legal, ya figure? Or would the law require you to keep standing there, hands in the air, until he finishes you off?

Keep in mind that he has ordered you to keep your hand in the air, OK? I don't mean "politely requested," I mean ORDERED... by a COP, with a visible badge, see?
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 01:16 pm
@layman,
relax and enjoy another spoodie oodie. Facts will emerge and you will either feel finer or not.
layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 01:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

relax and enjoy another spoodie oodie. Facts will emerge and you will either feel finer or not.

Well, Farmer, that last question had nuthin whatsoever to do with "facts," emerging or not. It was a strictly hypothetical question I asked to find out what "rights" you thought a citizen has, if any. Facts aint got nuthin to do with it.

When a cop orders you to do something, do you HAVE to do it?

Would you ever have the right to kill a cop? Ever?

Got an opinion on that?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 01:42 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

If it turned out to be true that Finicum was shot at while in his truck, shot and hit before he ever lowered his hands, I wonder how many here would still insist his killing was justified.

From what I can gather, quite a few. Many would probably say that the whole situation was "unfortunate," and that things could have been handled better by the cops, but still say it was all his fault for breaking the law in the first place and compelling the cops to take action against him,

Am I right?

That was my original question, Farmer ("Am I right?"). Even though you never directly addressed it, I think you gave your answer loud and clear.
layman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 01:52 pm
Here's the kinda thing I wonder about sometimes. Suppose I'm walkin down the street and some guy takes a shot at me, but he misses.

So, naturally, to defend myself, I haul out my .45 and take a shot at him, but I miss.

But now I've taken a shot at him and he has to defend himself, so he shoots again.

If he kills me this time, it's self-defense on his part, right? After all, I actually hauled out a gun a took a shot at him. What else can he do, except shoot again?

The only way it could not be self-defense would be if I didn't shoot back. But even then, he might suspect that I plan to shoot back, if given the chance, so it's still self-defense, right?

Some might call it murder if I never shot back. But how can he know I don't plan to? It's not "murder" on his part. It's simple self-defense, aint it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2016 02:23 pm
@layman,
IF that were the case then NO it would NOT be justified unless he was driving into someone (then Id waste him), or if he drew his weapon to fire in the car.

You are so wound up in concluding that Vinny was assasinated by cops I dont think theres any talking sense with you until all the evidence is fully in.