Just because a college is harder to get into does not mean it's harder to graduate.

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 11:53 am
Why don't most people seem to realize this. The ranking of a college is determined by the average gpa and sat scores of entering students, not by how difficult it is to graduate. In fact, the more prestigious colleges tend to have higher graduation rates. I go to a university with a 60% acceptance rate, but I've had to study very hard. Only 15% of the students at my college graduate in 4 years, but I might be graduating in 3.5. Anyways, I've heard people talking about how they think they'll have an easier time at a less prestigious university, and it makes me feel like graduating a semester early will be nothing to be proud of. I always felt that what made an Ivy League so good was more in the students than the curriculum.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,036 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 12:37 pm
@prpinrni,
Graduating a semester early is usually cheaper.
0 Replies

lollypop35

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2016 03:49 pm
@prpinrni,
nope, it just means they have higher ecxpetations. but dont worry
0 Replies