The Blizzard Diaries

farmerman

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 06:32 am
@farmerman,
That should be FEAST!
they will feast on your bones so better get shopping. Dont you have a delivery service? Im in the bleeding boonies and we have ladies and guys who will deliver everything from Pizza to babies
farmerman

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 06:35 am
@farmerman,
I see that Chris Christie has removed any residual points he earned while on duty during SANDY (at the same time he was campaigning for Romney).
Seems that, when he was asked what he will do for Jonas Victims, he stated something like
"Wha dya wan me ta do, show up wid a paintbrush?"

Thats gone sorta viral and may work against him in the cauci
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 06:54 am
Apparently, we in the UK have the arse end of Jonas sweeping over us today, bringing yet more rain to our sodden Sceptred Isle and providing me with yet more excuse to not tidy up the garden borders and lay the new path down to the pond.
If I wait long enough, the pond will come to me.

Thanks, Jonas. Instead of being out there up to my elbows in paving slabs, I shall have to suffer another lunchtime down the pub with that awful log fire and a couple of games of darts.

Hic.
Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 07:08 am
@farmerman,
I called one a them services and tried to get a baby delivered . . . they started asking me stupid questions about my wife . . . "Wife ? ! ? ! ? Whaddaya take me for?"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 09:50 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Apparently, we in the UK have the arse end of Jonas sweeping over us today

His teeth have been extracted over New Jersey
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:23 pm
@farmerman,
At this moment, the Atlantic is arriving horizontally.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:53 pm
@Lordyaswas,
If my street isn't cleared soon, my dogs will have to share one stinking can of dog food.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2016 08:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, damn!! The pups dined on scrambled eggs tonight. They were tres excited. All dogs love meal time, but these two were jumping up in the air and barking, doing circles then flinging themselves up in the air again. When these dogs jump up they can look you in the face and I'm 5'6". My neighbor stopped by last month before I could put the dogs away, they flung up in the air with joy and licked his eyeglasses.
vonny

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 04:47 am
@glitterbag,
Our trees are bent double - the bottom of the garden is flooded - Jonas is here for another week at least - I'm emigrating!!! Rolling Eyes
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 10:50 am
@vonny,
Oh thats terrible, has there been any let up?
vonny

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 12:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Calmer now - at least the trees are still standing!

How is it where you are? Are you able to get out to do shopping yet?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 01:09 pm
@vonny,
Around 9 PM Tuesday evening the snow plows finally arrived, and they spent nearly an hour just carving out the cul de sac. The snow had hardened because of melting and refreezing so it was difficult for the workers to remove the snow. Thankfully they were careful and didn't block our drive way. I plan to go out a little later and pickup a few things. Come on Spring!!
vonny

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 01:19 pm
@glitterbag,
I'll bet the dogs half hoped that they'd be able to continue their scrambled egg diet! Good you'll soon be able to be on the move again though - horrid to be trapped like that.

I echo your sentiment - come on Spring!
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 01:39 pm
@vonny,
You would have thought a giddy-bomb had gone off watching the dogs react to the eggs. I wish I could get that excited about food. Well maybe not that excited, but at least happy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2016 05:06 pm
I decided not to go to a medical appointment I've been waiting for. Too hard to get around at the curbs. I've never been much of a mountain climber, even in my youth.

The question now is how long it will take me to get another appointment. Dealing with a public hospital ain't easy.
0 Replies

MiraaFaison

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 09:21 pm
The snow is too thick! It made things difficult. Fotutanety, my neighbor - Jay have a snowblower. It' a really useful this winter! And i will also buy one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 09:22 pm
I've had the windows open and fans running all day. Sultry, it is. Hard to believe we had snow a few weeks back.
0 Replies