Rainsoft sounds like it's stuck in Regeneration mode

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2016 09:44 pm
I have a rainsoft AQC 75 Gold series and in the last 2 months the sound of the softener sounded like it was regeneration mode. The salt levels weren't going down and it kept getting louder. I got my water bill this month and it was 3 times higher. I turned on the bypass valves so that I can figure out why it's doing this.

I cleaned the salt tank out 6 months ago cause the salt had a bridge and wasn't going down and the bottom salt looked really dirty. So I cleaned the tank out and put new salt in (pellets). Did I miss a step was I supposed to set something on the electronic controller after I cleaned the salt tank?

Does anyone have the operators manual for this thing? Does anyone have any diagnosis or a series of checks that I can do the fix it? my email is [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,420 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jtv

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2016 10:08 am
@Neorambo ,
i'm not sure what you mean by stuck in rege. mode. but mine rege. but it only stuck at back wash even though it went through the whole 5 cycles( amazon gold series AQC 60) no refill into brine tank and no brine draw. if that's your case, then the micro switches are bad. there are two, at the timer motor. I believe you can buy this on line. i had a tech over and after 3 phone call to rain soft and they told him the micro switches. the tech did not know it either. hope this help
Neorambo

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 10:17 am
@jtv,
Thanks Jtv, yea I could hear the water being back washed I thought it was just stuck in regen. The brine doesn't refill and there is no brine draw like you said. I could hear the water just backwashing into my sewage line. I'll look for the micro switches online to see if I can find them. Thanks for the help.
0 Replies