Electrical Genius Needed!!!

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:22 am
My home is 3 yrs old. The shower light goes off and on and refuses to stay on. changed bulb,,etc New problem: I have small essential diffuser plugged in my bedroom...trips circuit breaker after a min or so. My theory: when I installed my garage ceiling storage units...could I have damaged electrical? Bedroom and shower is located above garage. How do I check this? HELP! Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 618 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:44 am
Call in an electrician.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 11:41 am
@NurseWinky,
Quote:
goes off and on
I wonder if there's a sensor, sposta come on and off with the water, it's a safety device Winky, but in your case mebbe not workin' right. Clearly you need to trace the wiring back

About the diffuser. If you're unwilling to trace the wiring you might simply try replacing the diffuser

I can't imagine how you might have damaged the wiring unless your storage units include lamps that you somehow wired to the diffuser

Please don't electrocute yourself

dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 02:25 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh yes Winky, and no, not genius. Did some inventing and writing in my youth but not smart enough to retire rich

If I've been of any help it might be largely accidental
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 04:24 pm
@NurseWinky,
Do you have problems with bathroom appliances like your hairdryer? Could be a bad GFI.
0 Replies