14
   

Locked Thread

 
 
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 09:20 pm
@snood,
Without knowing what you're talking about with your question "what am I?", you're one of the posters I enjoy reading.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 09:47 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I know you are, but what am I?


I don't know what either of us is.
snood
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 09:50 pm
@dlowan,
I'm rubber and you're glue.
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 09:56 pm
@snood,
what bounces off me, sticks to you. Viva Peewee Herman
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 11:06 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

what bounces off me, sticks to you. Viva Peewee Herman


I have no idea how to interpret even that.
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2015 11:42 pm
@dlowan,
a character that was called Pee Wee Herman had a kid show called Pee Wee's Fun House. I think it was mainly an American kid's show but he spoke in a silly voice and would taunt other kid's by saying 'I know you are, but what am I. Its really just a kid thing, it doesn't have any other meaning except being an insult between 8 year old's. I think it's just something that's more common in the US.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 06:34 am
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 06:48 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

a character that was called Pee Wee Herman had a kid show called Pee Wee's Fun House. I think it was mainly an American kid's show but he spoke in a silly voice and would taunt other kid's by saying 'I know you are, but what am I. Its really just a kid thing, it doesn't have any other meaning except being an insult between 8 year old's. I think it's just something that's more common in the US.


Oh, I didn't know dlowan seriously didn't realize what I was referring to! I thought she was being deliberately obtuse, as sort of a jokey thing!
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:49 am
@snood,
Oh, maybe you were right. I tried to describe the 'pee wee' show, but thank God for Edgar, providing that clip was much better than my sterile attempt.
Lordyaswas
 
  2  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:52 am
@glitterbag,
No, I'm guessing that dlowan had not a clue about Peewee Herman.

I had no idea either. I think it is just an American thing.
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 09:04 am
@Lordyaswas,
Weeellllll, its not exactly Masterpiece Theater, it was a kid's show several years back. I can't imagine it would have global appeal.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 12:53 pm
@glitterbag,
You'd be surprised how many "older folks" enjoy kiddie shows.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 01:07 pm
@snood,
Love Pee Wee Herman!

there was a lot in that show that wasn't meant for kids - sort of a double-layer effect

straight forward funny and then crazy subversive

__

When it ran, most of the viewers I knew were in the 25 - 40 y.o. range
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 02:31 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

No, I'm guessing that dlowan had not a clue about Peewee Herman.

I had no idea either. I think it is just an American thing.


I've heard of him. I think I even have a visual....that's about it.
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:13 pm
This says Locked Thread. How come we are able to post in it?
glitterbag
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:18 pm
@roger,
Because we are devious
0 Replies
 
Lordyaswas
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:33 pm
@roger,
Because we know how to unlock the special door.


roger
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 04:40 pm
@Lordyaswas,
And you're not going to tell me how?
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 05:18 pm
@roger,
It wouldn't be 'special' if you had it. LOL
roger
 
  1  
Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2015 06:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sad
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Locked Thread
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/12/2020 at 11:33:43