Happy Hollandaise!

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:08 pm
@boomerang,
This is my mom's recipe handed down to me.
Quote:
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 eggs
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup pan drippings from roast prime rib of beef

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Sift together the flour and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, beat together the eggs and milk until light and foamy. Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Pour the drippings into a 9-inch pie pan, cast iron skillet, or square baking dish. Put the pan in oven and get the drippings smoking hot. Carefully take the pan out of the oven and pour in the batter. Put the pan back in oven and cook until puffed and dry, 15 to 20 minutes.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:11 pm
@panzade,
memorizing..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:16 pm
@panzade,
the "just incorporated" was the tricky part for my mother - which is how it became my job

my mother liked to beat things into submission - not good for popovers, yorkshire pud or muffins
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:29 pm
We'll have duck - I love duck. Had it for Thanksgiving too (along with a turkey breast). @boomerang: how can you ruin a duck? It's so easy to prepare!

I made a side dish of acorn squash, thinly sliced with pears and a bit of acorn syrup. That was so good, I'll make it again.

Kitchen gadget? I don't really have a favorite one, I improvise a lot....the only thing I really really like is my Vitamix. I make a green smoothie every day.
I bought one of those spiral things to make spaghetti from zucchini or carrots - doesn't work like in the commercials, at least not with me!

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2015 06:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
I like duck the way the Chinesse cook it with crisp skin.
0 Replies