When you got Two you got Infinity, but then there is only One !

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 01:35 pm
Well, yet another redundant "ruminant" walk into the depths of the meaning of binary code.
What is it deeply rooted in this paradoxical sentence in the thread tittle, "When you got Two you got Infinity, but then there is only One !", something that just now popped up in my mind, rumbling about the specific nature of the number Two and what follows from intellectually struggling with it ?
Anyway thoughts ?
Intuitively my guts tell me this is probably one of the most fundamental questions there is to be made...
While I don't have the strength the patience or the will to dive deeper then this I wouldn't mind to hear about what the philosophy of mathematics may have to say upon the subject.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,175 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 02:03 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Is it "zero" the deconstruction, the inversion of "one", itself ?
What would be the most minimalistic way of making different that which is sufficiently bound together to not be totally apart ?
0 Replies

Tuna

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 02:45 pm
An historical account:

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 04:53 pm
@Tuna,
Thank you for the video Tuna. I was more or less overall familiarised with the human historical account of this two numbers, skip a detail or two...they are treated here as invention, something I don't believe in, I believe just in discoveries of that which is possible...such that through my "enigmatic" enquiry I was wondering about the nature of reality and in that sense my questioning is more, how shall I put it, oh yes, platonic...anyway, glad you jumped in instead of dropping it because unlike most of the readers around who couldn't have the faintest clue on what I was mumbling about you listened. You are a honest interlocutor, I give you that much, very rare here in A2K...
Tuna

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 05:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
You're a generous person. What I think is that there is no knowledge in unity. Knowledge requires a vantage point. Where there is knowledge, there are two. But it's more than vantage point. The object of knowledge stands out against a background. The background is its opposite. You can see it if you think of an empty glass floating in a void. In your mind, pass a horizontal plane through it. You now have a top part and a bottom part. Think about what you ultimately mean by "top."

You could think of the universe as a snake that turns and meets its own tail. Where the head and tail meet, there are two. But it's one snake. It will never work to try to make it united, but not divided. It won't work to make it divided, but not united.

The grand Two is unity and disunity. Unity and disunity are like the top and bottom of the glass. Each only means something in contrast to its opposite. Neither is a lie. The truth is both. They overlap.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2015 06:02 pm
@Tuna,
We agree. Good.
0 Replies