Kikuchi, Gastritis & Uveitis together - Can it lead to Leukemia?

Dinu711

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 01:24 am
Hi,
My husband got Kikuchi for the first time last year (February 2014) and after around 1 month medication, he was fine.
In 2015, around March he got gastritis on every single day and we had to follow strict food plans to overcome it.

But still he gets it if we don't follow the routine. In around June he got eye inflammation which we did not care much until it really irritated him. Then when we went to the doctor she said he got Uveitis and asked if he got TB before and we told her he got Kikuchi before.

She said that must be the reason to get Uveitis and she gave medicine and it's fine till we take medicine but after that it's the same and at the same time now my husband says he feels like he got Kikuchi and sometimes he gets rashes behind his neck like last time when he got Kikuchi.

now we are away from our country and we are not sure that doctors here will understand our situation. And when we called a doctor in our country he's saying this could lead to Leukemia.
Please tell me if these conditions will lead to something like Leukemia? Thank you in advance.

FBM

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 01:40 am
@Dinu711,
I can't find anything that says there is a connection between any or all of these things and leukemia. The best thing, I think, is to get a second opinion from a doctor who is independent of the first, and maybe a third opinion from yet another. I think it's dangerous to rely on what random people on the internet tell you, unless they tell you to stick with the medical professionals.
Dinu711

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 01:50 am
@FBM,
Yes, you are correct. I was thinking the same. When I heard it today morning I got shocked. because when he got Kikuchi first time doctors said it will cure from body itself. That's why we did not really care this time. All we did was taking food on time and rest as much as he can.
As you said I will try to get more opinions from more doctors.
Thanks again.
FBM

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 01:59 am
@Dinu711,
Best of luck to you and your husband!
0 Replies